Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   tac consol unuseful! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=506071)

starwheeler 01-05-2013 01:17 PM

tac consol unuseful!

Hello! first Happy new year to al staf of sto and member ho take time to read post and reply keeping the forum alive :)

Now about those consol we spend time to grind like in the doff mission power alien artifact which is part of the children toys asignement chain ; just to mention that i dont see any difference what so ever in the dps encrease whit any purple XII tactical consol i find that i do as much damage whit or whitouth those consol wil that be fix ? P:S; in combat tracker there no difference in the resut.

sophlogimo 01-05-2013 01:18 PM

What console is it, and what weapons do you use?

starwheeler 01-05-2013 02:27 PM

Thankx for answering i use purple XII photon torpido consol whit XII photon torpido depending if am in stf or pvp i use fleet or borg type

mightybobcnc 01-05-2013 02:28 PM

The amount of DPS you'll output with an XI purple vs an XII purple is negligible.

hereticknight085 01-05-2013 03:37 PM

At most you'll only get a 9.5% increase in gross DPS (assuming 5 mk XII purples over 5 mk XII blues (equivalent to mk XI purples) and same weapons), but due to defense, crits, misses, and a whole ton of factors, the net DPS increase is maybe 2% tops for those 5 consoles. Which is why I am being cheap and sticking to mk XI blues, which lose me about 19% gross dps (for that same 5 console ship), but again due to those factors, I only lose out on about 5% net DPS.

So if you want that miniscule increase to maximize your effectiveness, then go for it. But if you can't be bothered to care and don't mind firing that extra shot, you're better off sticking to mk XI and mk XII blues/mk XI purples.

starwheeler 01-05-2013 05:37 PM

: ho ho! lol! than wonder wy they even bother making purple consol sound more like a ack to me but thank you for the advice i will seriously consider it:)

hereticknight085 01-06-2013 12:26 AM

Well look at it this way. Your average mk XII purple tac console runs for 20-40 mil on the exchange. Your average mk XII blue tac console runs for 2-5 mil. For an increase of 1.9% in gross damage per console, a cost increase of that magnitude seems a little... obscene.

eisenw0lf 01-06-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 7367321)
At most you'll only get a 9.5% increase in gross DPS (assuming 5 mk XII purples over 5 mk XII blues (equivalent to mk XI purples) and same weapons), but due to defense, crits, misses, and a whole ton of factors, the net DPS increase is maybe 2% tops for those 5 consoles. Which is why I am being cheap and sticking to mk XI blues, which lose me about 19% gross dps (for that same 5 console ship), but again due to those factors, I only lose out on about 5% net DPS.

So if you want that miniscule increase to maximize your effectiveness, then go for it. But if you can't be bothered to care and don't mind firing that extra shot, you're better off sticking to mk XI and mk XII blues/mk XI purples.

True, I bought 5 purple MK XII tetryon consoles for my Jem'hadar ship several month ago when they were dirt cheap on the exchange and in the end the actual increase in damage was so low I could not see any difference to before when I ran 5 blue MK XI consoles. I actually had to run a combat parser to see this tiny damage boost from the purples. Since then I stopped bothering getting any of these MK XII consoles.

loading159 01-07-2013 03:25 PM

thanks for this, saved me a ton of time and EC

starwheeler 02-10-2013 12:12 PM

wel after many test i made, it is pointless to use torpedo consol so i just use beam or cannon consol at less it get the enemy shield down faster so then i drop mine and torp high yel III it do the job :)