Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Star trek 2 to 6 Uniforms (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=506801)

bslisk 01-06-2013 10:20 AM

Star trek 2 to 6 Uniforms

Would love if they would add a full range of this uniform with corresponding rank along with the admirals version i know we have a captains version but what about one for all ranks and along with the admirals uniform any one else think so

bohiap 01-06-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bslisk (Post 7374131)
Would love if they would add a full range of this uniform with corresponding rank along with the admirals version i know we have a captains version but what about one for all ranks and along with the admirals uniform any one else think so

I think I remember this right, but it's been along time.

The TWOK Admiral's uniform- better known as monster maroons- was add-on for one of the retail packs way back when. The monster maroons were in the films made by Paramount, but Star Trek is now owned by CBS. Cryptic only got license permission to do it the way they did, they don't have licensing permission to add monster maroons to the tailor.

Sooo, unfortunately we won't get them. It's actually my favorite uniform. I'd love to be able to put my away team in expedition jackets and my engineer in a vest.

jcsww 01-06-2013 02:59 PM

I don't buy that excuse. Scotty's vest and the TWoK uniforms appeared in TNG. I would assume because of that, CBS would also have some rights to these uniforms and their use. My guess would be, it would just take them too much time so it's not worth while to add them. Each rank would have to be created instead of just cloning pips. I would really like to see the TWoK uniforms redone with all of the ranks and Scotty's Engineering vest added to the C-Store.

centersolace 01-06-2013 03:32 PM

I don't buy that either. Please give us the correct WoK uniforms, the field jackets, and Scotty's vest.

bohiap 01-06-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcsww (Post 7376431)
I don't buy that excuse. Scotty's vest and the TWoK uniforms appeared in TNG. I would assume because of that, CBS would also have some rights to these uniforms and their use. My guess would be, it would just take them too much time so it's not worth while to add them. Each rank would have to be created instead of just cloning pips. I would really like to see the TWoK uniforms redone with all of the ranks and Scotty's Engineering vest added to the C-Store.

TNG was produced when Paramount owned all the rights to Star Trek. I don't know how all of that works, but from what I understand it is a little muddled, and CBS is very careful about what they'll allow Cryptic to do.

jcsww 01-06-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohiap (Post 7377091)
TNG was produced when Paramount owned all the rights to Star Trek. I don't know how all of that works, but from what I understand it is a little muddled, and CBS is very careful about what they'll allow Cryptic to do.

You must be one of the ones then that believes Cryptic when they say ships have to go in crap boxes to limit their numbers also. :P

bohiap 01-06-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcsww (Post 7377301)
You must be one of the ones then that believes Cryptic when they say ships have to go in crap boxes to limit their numbers also. :P

Don't think I ever heard that one. But that's only because I tune out everything lock box related. :D