Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Heard a very distrubing rumor - need conformation!! (False) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=507101)

born2bwild1 01-06-2013 04:06 PM

Heard a very distrubing rumor - need conformation!! (False)

I have been hearing from a few players that once you reach Tier 5 in both reputation systems the STF's no longer award dilthium at the end of each mission - can anyone confirm this??

diogene0 01-06-2013 04:09 PM

Come on it's ridiculous, i have friends at T5 who still enjoy STFs a lot, and i didn't hear about that. :D

tsf00181 01-06-2013 04:10 PM

Thats a load of crap.

I have 3 characters at T5 who are still making 920 or whatever it is for every elite run. If they do real good and get a bunch of BNPs they can pull in up to 2500 Dilithium in one run.

hevach 01-06-2013 04:12 PM

If this were true, you'd hear a LOT, LOT more about it than a vague zone chat rumor. People started hitting T5, what, about a week ago, with more and more hitting it every day, most of them now staring down a couple hundred thousand dilithium or more in set pieces.

born2bwild1 01-06-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsf00181 (Post 7377181)
Thats a load of crap.

I have 3 characters at T5 who are still making 920 or whatever it is for every elite run. If they do real good and get a bunch of BNPs they can pull in up to 2500 Dilithium in one run.

Ok just had some people who where posting on the German forum that they were not getting the 960 now that they had finished BOTH rep systems.

Some people in my KDF fleet chat were asking and I had no answer to give.

topset 01-06-2013 04:44 PM

Yeah this is complete nonsense trolling.

I and many of my fleet are T5 in both reps and still getting dilithium. Ignore the rumors!

bohiap 01-06-2013 04:48 PM

Nope. No truth in that at all. I'm at tier 5 and I still get dil.

born2bwild1 01-06-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topset (Post 7377601)
Yeah this is complete nonsense trolling.

I and many of my fleet are T5 in both reps and still getting dilithium. Ignore the rumors!

Thanks for answering - and it's not trolling. I am not coming on here saying that Cryptic has removed Dilthium or why the **** is Cryptic screwing players by removing dilthium from STF - that would be nonsense trolling!

There was a conversation about it in fleet chat and 10+ people had no answer and it was based off a post in the German forums.

So instead of jumping to conclusions I asked a question - so how is that trolling?

Thanks for clearing it up. I will let the fleet people know.

hevach 01-06-2013 04:52 PM

For future consideration, the STO version of Occam's Razor is this: Think of an actual change that was equal to the rumored change. If there is not at least that much outrage, you can assume the rumor is false.

The initial removal of dilihtium from STFs was worth so much complaining that it didn't even slow down for almost a solid week after the dilithium was returned.

Quote:

So instead of jumping to conclusions I asked a question - so how is that trolling?
The rumor monger is the troll, you're the victim.

starkaos 01-06-2013 05:04 PM

People at Tier 5 get less dilithium than other people due to the fact that we are no longer getting the 960 dilithium per day from doing the reputation XP projects. This might be the source of the confusion.