Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fleets and a taxation system (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=507591)

ascaladar 01-07-2013 03:32 AM

Fleets and a taxation system

I know a lot of people would hate it but the Dilithium costs for several projects are staggering and there are always people who never contribute Dilithium to any project but happily grab provisions from the store.

So a limited taxation system that would allow fleets to gather ressources without being too painful for some members and also not letting people who usually contribute nothing off the hook so easily sounds fair to me.

Example a fleet could set a Dilithium tax in percentage to any dilithium earned from missions, assignments and reputation-cash-ins.

I know a lot of people hate taxes and no one likes paying them but the donation system is also not fair to players.

azurianstar 01-07-2013 03:41 AM

That would likely get players to leave a fleet, even if it is T4+.

Instead of taking their income, I would say allow fleets to add the Tax to Fleet and Embassy Provisions, BOFFs, DOFFs, and a major tax on ship Provisions. Which you could waiver for contributers.

But right now, you probablly give them incentive in locking access to the provisions until they show they are participating.

sollvax 01-07-2013 03:48 AM

Tax ALL exchange transactions at 20% and use that to pay for your fleet projects

mattjohnsonva 01-07-2013 03:49 AM

Our fleet lock provisions/ships until a member reaches the rank of Commodore which they do by participating in lots of fleet events and by reaching 100K on the leaderboard. Seems to work well, we have 260 active members and still have over 400 fleet ships available.

tjexcimer500 01-07-2013 03:50 AM

You can use the rank settings to specify which ranks can buy provisioned items.

peferctwombat 01-07-2013 04:43 AM

Tax?
In star trek?

Really?

We got interspecies unity, end of poverty and need.............. and now you wanna bring back taxes????????????

NO lol

If your dilithium rich stop thinking like a greedy mind. Only greed and want.............

robeasom 01-07-2013 04:56 AM

This would cause less people to be in a fleet lock the provisions until you can call them a member and trust them then you can promote them so they can gain access

starfleetlufia 01-07-2013 05:24 AM

can only end in disaster and a dead fleet specially in a fleet with a lot of leveling people they don't have the dill to spare for projects they are trying to rep and gear up there no spare dill to be had not everyone has a stockpile of 10,000,000 dil

darkenzedd 01-07-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva (Post 7381251)
Our fleet lock provisions/ships until a member reaches the rank of Commodore which they do by participating in lots of fleet events and by reaching 100K on the leaderboard. Seems to work well, we have 260 active members and still have over 400 fleet ships available.

My fleet does a similar thing. We restrict members from the fleet stores until they hit 200k fleet credits on the leader board. They then upgrade to "Senior Member" and have unlimited access to the fleet stores.
We had to do this to stop people from raiding our stores, and it also gives members a goal within the fleet. :D

topset 01-07-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkenzedd (Post 7381581)
My fleet does a similar thing. We restrict members from the fleet stores until they hit 200k fleet credits on the leader board. They then upgrade to "Senior Member" and have unlimited access to the fleet stores.
We had to do this to stop people from raiding our stores, and it also gives members a goal within the fleet. :D

I never really liked this idea tbh, our fleet doesn't do it. Fleet store access is available to all but the first rank. Once you've been with us a few weeks and we've seen you around in game you get promoted with access to it and we haven't had any problems at all.

Nobody can really raid the stores given how expensive and dilithium heavy everything is. I think activity and a willing to help out should be more important than wealth in deciding fleet ranks.

For bank access I can understand it, as we had one or two issues with people trying to raid the bank - but never the fleet stores because they're so damn expensive and everything is bind on pickup!