Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Mouse trail bug (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=507781)

bobtheyak 01-07-2013 10:22 AM

Mouse trail bug

If you're like me and countless other STO players, you may have experienced a bug with a second mouse cursor trailing behind the first.

Not to worry! When the second cursor appears you can type /softwarecursor 0 to remove it. You can even bind it to a key in case it bugs out during combat. Hopefully that fixes it for you :cool:

snoge00f 01-07-2013 10:29 AM

Very cool, I was wondering how to deal with that. Usually I would quit the game to fix it. :)

virusdancer 01-07-2013 11:04 AM

Only occurs for me as the result of two things:

1) The temporal crap which causes me to desync.
2) Boldly They Rode.

Can fix it by popping open the character window, going to skills, and just moving the scrollbar up and down. Could probably do it on any scrollbar. With the first instance, it's not only a case of the mousetail but keybinds not working, etc, etc, etc - so I'll usually pop the character window open and hit up the scrollbar before hitting respawn.

bobtheyak 01-07-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virusdancer (Post 7385161)
Only occurs for me as the result of two things:

1) The temporal crap which causes me to desync.
2) Boldly They Rode.

The bug has apparently been around since Champions Online and it was never fixed. *insert Cryptic-bashing comment here*

thissler 01-07-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtheyak (Post 7385471)
The bug has apparently been around since Champions Online and it was never fixed. *insert Cryptic-bashing comment here*

I've been using the text chat scrollbar, I like your tip better bob!

Ty littlest of yaks!

starwrathforever 01-07-2013 12:03 PM

Many thanks for the tip but...I think this bug is an evul Klingun dirty trick!:P
Am I wrong or you Bobtheyak were pugging with me two days ago when our team won in an epic Arena match 15-14 against the evuls? And we were also losing 11-14...awesome!:D

bobtheyak 01-07-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwrathforever (Post 7385981)
Am I wrong or you Bobtheyak were pugging with me two days ago when our team won in an epic Arena match 15-14 against the evuls? And we were also losing 11-14...awesome!:D

I think so. The one where someone said "holy crap we won" at the end? :D

starwrathforever 01-07-2013 12:35 PM

Yeah! And Piatto said also "I was not expecting that lol"!:D
The evul Klinguns always lose against brave and smart Feds!:cool:

shimmerless 01-07-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtheyak (Post 7384581)
If you're like me and countless other STO players, you may have experienced a bug with a second mouse cursor trailing behind the first.

Not to worry! When the second cursor appears you can type /softwarecursor 0 to remove it. You can even bind it to a key in case it bugs out during combat. Hopefully that fixes it for you :cool:

I will bear your babies for a thousand millennia for letting me know about this. Muchos gracias.

bitemepwe 01-07-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtheyak (Post 7384581)

BUG???? I thought that was when the acid kicked in...........