Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Tier 4 Corsair (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=508291)

lordgyor 01-07-2013 09:56 PM

Tier 4 Corsair

This is my build so far

Shields Paratrinic Shields

Don't remember what my engines are

Weapons:

Fore: Tetyron single cannon, Disruptor cannon, Plasma dual beam bank, Plasma Cannon.

Aft: Two Plasma Mines, one blue and the other green, and a phaser turret in the back.

Deflector don't rememerer

Boff layout

Tac: Tac Team, Mine Disepsal Pattern Alpha

Eng: Energency power to Weapons x2, Emergency power to shields II, DEM, and Acton Beam 3.

Science: Transfer Shield Strength, Hazard Emitter, Feedback Pulse.

Hangar: Advanced Slavers

DOFFS: Two Green Projectile Officers Mines

Consoles, mostly random crap.

Captain Tactical: Grade 33.

I know I suffer from being a Rainbow Cruiser, but I don't want to invest a great deal of resources at this level, so I just use the most powerful loot I can find.

The Paratrinic Shields at least give me good shield strength so along with my shield heals, Hazard Emitters, and Acton Beam III gives me good survivablity except when my fighters peeve off too many enemies at once and I get gangbanged (even then I usually servive).

Used to have Cannon Rapid Fire instead of Mine Dispersal Alpha, but I tried MDA on lark
and I find I'm doing alot more spike damage and its more fun, especially when I hit an enemy with with eight mines, plus my Slaver's Quantum Mines.

I find I'm blowing stuff up faster with all these mines.

I ultimately want to go all Polaron Single Cannons in the front and 1 Polaran Single Cannon in the back with my 2 Plasma Mine Launchers.

Any advise?

mustafatennick 01-08-2013 07:22 AM

You don't have to invest that much to get decent weaponry If you swapped all your gear for basic white(common) but all the same your damage output would be a hell of a lot better than even very rare multi rainbow sh. That you have equipped

first do that then get rid of aceton beam 3 it's useless even at lower levels whatever you think it's doing it really isn't doing it

Use toduj fighters there better than slavers by far or if your after the shield strip the slavers can do sometimes then use the tachyon drones

Get rid of mines I don't see how you can get into a decent position to drop them effectively
Enough in a cruiser(IMO) use turrets and cannons all round or beams don't mix them unless your going for a BO build

Then in turn you can get rid of that lower level dispersal pattern and switch in apb to help your fighters or rapid fire 1 to boost your cannons and turrets

You can't mount cannons on the rear as far as I'm aware

Happy hunting

These are just my opinions you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these opinions are based on my exploits and my learning

lordgyor 01-08-2013 10:38 PM

I'm okay with you expressing your opinion, while I don't agree with all of it, but you were polite.

I do agree with dumping the Dual Beam Bank for another single cannon.

As for the Dumping the Slavers, thier making me Dilithium from the contraband and EC, To'Doj fighters might be good with the DPS, but they're not profitable. So far I've gained 20 contraband and I haven't played in a day or two and haven't had them very long. That's 2000 Dilithium per 5 contraband, so I've made 8000 Dilithium so far (having cashed them all in yet, only about half).

As for the Mines, I swoop in on my target with my cannons to wear down the shield and then when I hit 4km I hit DPA and lay plasma 8 mines, when keep firing and then sometimes my mine doffs kick in and I unleash another four. All of a sudden this big wave of Plasma mines goes crashing into an enemy, which my cannons may have reduced his shields by this point. Plus sometimes quantum mines from my fighters will join them. With plasma fires this is brutal, even when they hit shields. My mines can chew up a Romulan bird of prey very fast.

Plus if you've ever seen mines lock onto a fighter that is flying away from them, its funny watching the mines chase after the fighter. Always catches them in the end.

I do understand APB and I'd go with it if Mines weren't so much fun.

I might just go disruptor single cannons and a turret for weapons for now, there easiest to get.

mustafatennick 01-09-2013 02:07 AM

Yeah I was going for optimal use but mines are great fun :)

I run a mirror pach raptor tricobalt bomber and its a great laugh and capable of doing some big damage

I didn't realise before now there was a doff that boosted mine usage exchange here I come

You learn something new everyday thank you

lordgyor 01-17-2013 11:29 PM

Your welcome :D

Honestly though I haven't bothered changing anything, its not like I have a hard time blowing most non borg things up with what I have now. I can even solo a normal cube during alerts some times.

Actually now that I think about it I actually changed my Plasma DBB for another single cannon. I also traded one of my Plasma Mines, my weaker one to test Transphasic Mines. I kind of like the Transphasics Mines, because it doesn't matter as much if they hit shields.

I've also read about cloaked tractor beam mines on STO wiki and the Romulans in the Yan Nebula have begun using them on me and they look like fun, even if my dsp will suffer for it.

Heck I'm even toying with the idea of Quantum Mines or Tric Mines when I reach Lt. General.

Here is the build I'm thinking of for My Fleet Retrofit Corsair Flight Deck Cruiser (or FRCFDC for short although even the aconym is almost a sentence :D), when I finally get it.

Commander Godangle Enigeer Officer Orion Female: Emergency Power to Weapons I, Boarding Party I, Directed Energy Modulation II, Acton Beam III. First Officer.

Lt. Commander Shoru Science Officer Orion Female: Hazard Emitters, Feedback Pulse, Siphon Energy. Chief Science Officer.

(ensign console) Lt. Commander Lynith Enigeering Officer Orion Female: Emergency Power to Weapons. Some other powers for when I take other ships out. Chief of Operations, including my flight deck and fighters.

Lt. Nyloil Science Officer Orion Female: Transfer Shield Stregth, Tractor Beam II. Chief Medical Officer.

Lt. Jazhiro Tactical Officer Alien (Pleasure Bioniod) Female: Tactical Team, Alpha Mine Dispersal Pattern. Tactical Chief.

Ground Only Boffs

Lt. Talesh Tactical Officer Gorn Male: Tactical Team, Cannon Rapid Fire. Chief of Security/Enforcer.

And Lastly when I get to Maurader level 4, a Female Trill Chief Enigeer and if I ever manage to get the Reman Bridge Officer he'll be my Ships Councillor and unofficial Head Intelligence Officer.

Fore Weapons: 4 Polaran Single Cannons.

Rear Weapons: 2 Polaran Turrets, Tric Mine Launcher, Cloaked Tractor Beam Mines (may switch out for third Polaron Turret).

Enigines: Jem'hadar Set

Deflector: Jem'hadar Set

Shields: Jem'hadar Set

This gives me bonus Polaron Damage and to inerial Dampaners and Antiproton Sweep.

Hangar: Advanced Slavers and in time upgraded to Elite Slavers.

Science Consoles: 4x Shield Emitters

Enigeering Consoles: 1 RCS Accesslorstor, 3x Neutrium.

Tactical Consoles: 2x Polaron Modulalors.

Doffs:

Operations: Flight Deck Officers x3 (to reduce cool downs on both launching fighters and launching boarding parties).

Tactical: Projectile Weapons Officers x2 (Reduce Mines Cool Down).

Devices: Consumable Scorpians, Antiproton Heavy Turret Satellites, Plasma turret Satellites, Emergency Batteries for PVE/Holoemitters of a Jem'hadar Bug Ship for PVP (yes I'm that mischievous :p ).

Of course actually getting the Fleet Corsair is first :D . I'm only like five or six grades away from Lt. General, roughly 100,000 Fleet Credits away from its sister ship the Retrofit Corsair.