Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Literary Challenge #36 Discussion Thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=508911)

pwebranflakes 01-08-2013 04:59 PM

Literary Challenge #36 Discussion Thread

Quote:

Literary Challenge #36 : The Haunting of Deck 13

This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #36 : The Haunting of Deck 13.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing! :cool:

designationxr377 01-08-2013 07:30 PM

My entry is in.

It's short.

But I had to do it.

ironphoenix113 01-08-2013 08:26 PM

@designationxr377

Very good! Hope to be able to read another from you! :)

Mine is in now as well. I kind of wanted to humanize my Captain a little, show that he's been burying the effects of the loss of so many crew members with his duties, among other things. Chronologically, it's set maybe about a month after my previous entry (LC 35).

wraithshadow13 01-09-2013 03:22 AM

With out spoiling anything once i read the challenge my mind immediately shot to this story and i managed to hammer it out in an evening. Hopefully it's not a bad read but i look forward to hearing what people think of it. Comments and feedback is always welcome.

as a side note let me know if there are any more question marks out of place, it seems like this problem has reared it's head again.

bortjinx 01-09-2013 04:12 AM

Nicely done guys. All of them so far have been good reads.

My entry is up now. My first thought on reading the entry was 'But the Nightingale doesn't have 13 decks', then I decided that in itself could make a good story.

I hope you like it :)

marcusdkane 01-09-2013 08:52 AM

Fantastic entries, all :) I'm... brewing... ;)

cmdrscarlet 01-09-2013 09:06 AM

All great reads :)

I was actually thinking I had one more for LC35 so spent the commute planning the scenes. Now I have something else to ponder ;)

Brb ...

takeshi6 01-09-2013 09:26 AM

Another interesting challenge.

Can't think of any ideas off the top of my head, but I might come up with something sooner or later. :)

amurorx0 01-09-2013 11:44 AM

Great entries by all.

@bortjinx

I see we had the same dilemma, and the same idea on how to get round it. But since you posted yours first I had to come up with something else, so I did :)

Here it is, I await your critique with bated breath. :)

takeshi6 01-09-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amurorx0 (Post 7411031)
Great entries by all.

@bortjinx

I see we had the same dilemma, and the same idea on how to get round it. But since you posted yours first I had to come up with something else, so I did :)

Here it is, I await your critique with bated breath. :)

Rather interesting entry.

I liked the Armor--very interesting.

And interesting cliffhanger--is it just me, or do quite a few of your entries end in cliffhangers?

Anyway, still no luck on inspiration on my end, but if I do find something, I'll write it down ASAP. :cool: