Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Increased Difficulty? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=509801)

phoenixprime01 01-09-2013 06:23 PM

Increased Difficulty?

Sorry for posting this in 2 different places but not sure where it should go....

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what but as of 3 days ago or so it seems PvEs and Borg Red Alerts are A LOT harder than they use to be and rewards dont seem to be worth it.

For example I was doing a Borg red alert just today with approximately 6 other people which is usually a good number to defeat the command ship but it sent out an unusually large amount of plasma bolts and more regeneration probes than we could keep up with (at one count there were 9 regen probs) along with several regular probes and tractor probes. We couldnt keep up before the time ran out.

Another example I was did the the Conduit PvE at least twice lastnight and it kept sending out a large number spheres where there were about 3 for every player. And it was a lot more difficult to destroy the conduits and nanite generators. When we finally completed it, it only gave us 15 Omega marks.

And on some of the PvE ground missions I am getting killed in one hit....

I could give more examples but I think you get the idea.

If the difficulty has increased then the rewards should be increased too!

I have seen others comment on this but I wasnt sure if more people are having the same problem. I have not changed my game difficulty. Its getting really frustrating to the point I dont want to play anymore. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Has anyone else encountered this???

diogene0 01-09-2013 06:39 PM

Some red alerts are harder than others. The most difficult ones occur in Zeta andromeda and Orellius. The ones in omega leonis and sirius are very easy in comparison.

It's not "difficult", there are strategies making things a lot easier. I've been able to solo a red alert in Zeta andromeda in less than 10 minutes in a recluse carrier. I'd say it's way too easy, like pve in general in this game, even if i understand that not everyone is versed in how to optimize a ship build.

zerobang 01-09-2013 06:57 PM

difficulty has not changed

the Red Alert probably was one in the harder sectors, it was always like that and there were a lot of players complaining about them

and in Infected Space your group just killed a generator and did not kill the ....oh the thingy in the center whatever it's called not fast enough, usually happens with pugs that don't have the DPS to pull through anyway or don't follow the 10% routine, then you will get overrun by Spheres.

phoenixprime01 01-09-2013 07:21 PM

I have done red alerts in all sectors and I know some are harder than others but what I am getting is over kill...in PvEs too. Only with in the last couple of days have I been getting this.

hereticknight085 01-09-2013 07:51 PM

Or maybe it's you? I have noticed no changes in difficulty for ESTFs or Borg Sector Incursions. They are the same since the last major patch.

Check that your build is up to date and check to make sure you have the proper equipment.

phoenixprime01 01-09-2013 08:12 PM

Everything is up to date and I have pretty good weapons, shields, etc...

Ive been playing for a while...thats how I know its not just normal game play....and have seen others comment on this as well with overkill in missions. Even some of my friends have said it. I was just wondering if this was a large scale problem or if its a few folks.

howtor 01-10-2013 01:51 AM

I to have noticed a difference the last couple days in difficulty. I no I don't have the greatest gear (no omega stuff yet) but I know I am set up right. its not the borg cube's, spheres or probes but the final ship seems like it is taking less dmg from me and is putting out a lot more. used to not have to use hull repair skills that much now I have to use them a lot. the thing is I actually enjoy the harder fights lol