Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   LTS has NOT spent any RL $$$ (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=510251)

zachverant 01-10-2013 07:50 AM

LTS has NOT spent any RL $$$
 
I am a LTS member and have NOT spent any RL money in the Z store since November 2012. I usually buy between 5000-10000 Zen each month.

The Dilth rate was at 88/1 yesterday, last time I bought dilth it was at 151/1. I will NOT spend anymore RL $$$ in the Z store untill the Dilth Econ gets fixed. This also means I will NOT be buying any more Keys for lockboxes either.

I am not alone, the other LTS members that I know have either curbed their spending or are NOT buying any Zen.

The dilth grind is long and sux...but my RL entertainment $$$ are better spent on "other" entertainment venues that DO NOT try to suck my pocketbook...dry.

Outside of the Dilth Econ being ran by greedy over the top business execs...I think the Devs are doing a...Wonderful Job.

Qa'pla

lolimpicard 01-10-2013 08:14 AM

It won't be long until the established players have all things they needed to spend dilithium on, on most of their toons.
After this point it will only be the "adolescent" characters having to deal with this dilithium drain from reputation.
The pricing of fleet items and starbase projects is a much bigger and more long lasting effect, I think, but I think this has already stabilized for the most part.

We've already witnessed the value of dilithium falling over the last few days and I have no doubt it will continue to fall for a while until a certain equilibrium is reached after it had been upset by fleet projects/items and reputation.

Of course the exact value it will settle on is down to speculation and Cryptics future changes/additions in that regard.

pwebranflakes 01-10-2013 08:15 AM

The Dilithium Exchange is 100% player driven, and you and your peers set the prices: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=789911

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

starfleetlufia 01-10-2013 08:18 AM

the market is not bad but compared to how it all started its been slowly going down the drain letting it be a free market was a major mistake if you ask me

daveyny 01-10-2013 08:21 AM

I'm a LTS and I just bought $20 of ZEN yesterday...

But I don't dabble in the Dilithium Market, so where it stands has nothing to do with my purchases.

I use my stipend plus a bit of cash occasionally to buy Keys and extra items for my toon alts.

Taking a stand is great, but don't assume that in this particular case it will really effect what Cryptic does or doesn't do.

There are far more folks like me around.

errab 01-10-2013 09:05 AM

The only way this Dilithium > Zen thing is a problem is if you're buying Zen to sell for Dilithium.

I think that one of the biggest factors in devaluation of Zen is the fact that Cryptic adds nothing new to the Zen store and spends all their time cranking out lock boxes.

Buying Lockbox Keys is just not something that I'd choose to waste my Zen on.

I'm currently sitting on a nice chunk of Zen and IMO its worth nothing to me because there's nothing in the Z-store that appeals enough to me to want to buy it. (Primary KDF Player)

There's no way in Hell that I'm going to convert my Zen into a free in-game currency that's needed to progress in this F2P game.

The whole Star Base system seems to be designed to pray on our natural instincts to want to come in 1st place and get everything that we want has quick has possible no matter the cost.

Wow that 8000 Dilithium a day is really slowing down my ability to progress in this F2P MMO but I can get has much Dilithium has I want if I use my real cash to buy Zen and convert it into Dilithium!

I have to admit what PWE and Cryptic has done is brilliant.

Who would have ever imagined that a freely generated in-game currency would be worth more to players than a currency that someone has to pay real money to get?

I remember when players were complaining that adding new ships and equipment to the C-Store would only open the flood gates to "Pay to Win" but now low and behold we have the almighty Lockbox that has introduced the new term "Pay to Luck Win"

If Cryptic is to continue with this almighty lockbox cash siphon it might behoove them to figure out how to tie in companion items to be placed in the Z-Store for outright purchase be it ships, consoles or weapons sets and in doing so this will help stabilize the value of Zen.

But one would have to ask the question why stabilize Zen when players seem to be perfectly happy with buying ungodly amounts of it for the sole purpose of converting it into freely generated in-game currency that only used in normal game progression.

Sure Guys I'll pay you to play this F2P game, at least it's not Pay to Win :rolleyes:

starfleetlufia 01-10-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errab (Post 7422471)
The only way this Dilithium > Zen thing is a problem is if you're buying Zen to sell for Dilithium.

I think that one of the biggest factors in devaluation of Zen is the fact that Cryptic adds nothing new to the Zen store and spends all their time cranking out lock boxes.

Buying Lockbox Keys is just not something that I'd choose to waste my Zen on.

I'm currently sitting on a nice chunk of Zen and IMO its worth nothing to me because there's nothing in the Z-store that appeals enough to me to want to buy it. (Primary KDF Player)

There's no way in Hell that I'm going to convert my Zen into a free in-game currency that's needed to progress in this F2P game.

The whole Star Base system seems to be designed to pray on our natural instincts to want to come in 1st place and get everything that we want has quick has possible no matter the cost.

Wow that 8000 Dilithium a day is really slowing down my ability to progress in this F2P MMO but I can get has much Dilithium has I want if I use my real cash to buy Zen and convert it into Dilithium!

I have to admit what PWE and Cryptic has done is brilliant.

Who would have ever imagined that a freely generated in-game currency would be worth more to players than a currency that someone has to pay real money to get?

I remember when players were complaining that adding new ships and equipment to the C-Store would only open the flood gates to "Pay to Win" but now low and behold we have the almighty Lockbox that has introduced the new term "Pay to Luck Win"

If Cryptic is to continue with this almighty lockbox cash siphon it might behoove them to figure out how to tie in companion items to be placed in the Z-Store for outright purchase be it ships, consoles or weapons sets and in doing so this will help stabilize the value of Zen.

But one would have to ask the question why stabilize Zen when players seem to be perfectly happy with buying ungodly amounts of it for the sole purpose of converting it into freely generated in-game currency that only used in normal game progression.

Sure Guys I'll pay you to play this F2P game, at least it's not Pay to Win :rolleyes:

uhm you're a veteran so it would be 9000 day assuming you use the Academy NPC that gives you another 1000 refinement

crusty8mac 01-10-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachverant (Post 7420691)
I am a LTS member and have NOT spent any RL money in the Z store since November 2012. I usually buy between 5000-10000 Zen each month.


What do you spend $50-100 a month on in this game? Do you play at all, or just buy everything?

errab 01-10-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfleetlufia (Post 7422561)
uhm you're a veteran so it would be 9000 day assuming you use the Academy NPC that gives you another 1000 refinement

Actually it's 1000 Dilithium every 2 days.

sirsri 01-10-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 7421351)
The Dilithium Exchange is 100% player driven, ...
Brandon =/\=

This statement is false. You (cryptic) set the supply and create demand for it, and you can (secretly or overtly) engage in active monetary policy by pumping zen or dil into the system, or taking them out, including fixing the trivial investigate officer reports daily which seriously impacted the market.

The exchange is player driven within the confines of the monetary (i.e. game design) regime set by Cryptic and adjusted as you see fit. If you increased (or decreased) dil costs for fleet projects or items by a factor of 2 without changing the rate of earning dil that would effect the dil-zen market. So '100% player driven' is not true, players don't control the dil prices for the dilithium sinks in the game, nor do they control the number of zen items in the store, their price, or desirability etc.


I'm not saying the exchange is bad. To claim it is 100% player driven is false however.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 AM.