Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   There needs to be other ways of earning Omega and Romulan Marks or Decrease it. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=510401)

age03 01-10-2013 09:26 AM

There needs to be other ways of earning Omega and Romulan Marks or Decrease it.

The way I am thinking of is to get the makrks in episode mission all Romulan marks will be earned by doing those mission.Omega Marks will be earned through doing missions of the Borg and Undine.

I am not sure what the Devs were thinking and this has nothing to do with PWE.It is Cryptic that has put this on to us in putting in these random numbers which is outrages.The idea of starbases.embassies and omega/rom marks just has nothing to do with playing a Star Trek game.It is tedious and boring and could spell the death of this game 650 omega marks for type X1 borg shield is way to much.

This is even worse than Wolrd of Warcrafts grind.This is just unrealistic and asking the players to put in this much when they probably don't have it.

I have all my chars in one 3 man fleet except my sci off which is in a bigger fleet and most of those are offline most of the time.I will say that most will get sick of this as you can only get omega marks by doing 4 missons and there is turn around time of 45 min untill you can redo it.The ground missions as some have pointed out are dead.

This not a season as there is no episode play.

marc8219 01-10-2013 09:54 AM

We need a Romulan mark mission that is elite stf difficulty and length and gives similar marks. I think the amount of Omega marks given by elite is fine, but more variety of elite stf will always be welcome. I just hope they don't add something like epohh tagging for omega marks, we don't need anyone in Mk XII MACO that earned all the marks for it by mostly being afk aside for a few min of tagging and doing doff missions.

starkaos 01-10-2013 11:15 AM

It is possible to get a piece of Mk XII STF gear without ever doing an elite STF with that Tier 5 reward. I also hear people that sometimes get BNPs through regular STFs. Besides I can get Mk XII STF ground gear without even touching a ground STF so the whole idea of restricting STF equipment based on activity is now moot. More ways to get Omega Marks is necessary because not everyone likes to do elite STFs or even touch them with a 10 foot pole. Adding Borg raising or any activity that would give 400 Omega Marks every few days for little content to the game would decrease the amount of afkers from actual useful content like elite STFs. I don't hear the complaints about afkers in Romulan events that I hear about in elite STFs and that is due to epohh raising.

All that needs to be done for the Romulan Marks is give an elite version of the current Romulan events since there is a wider range of methods to get Romulan Marks compared to Omega Marks..

azurianstar 01-10-2013 11:29 AM

Getting Omega Marks is incredibily easy doing Elite STFs. Most people I know have finished unlocking all the unlockables and gotten their Adapted sets weeks ago.

And if you don't like STFs, you got the Deferi Ground Invasion that gives generious ammounts of Omega marks.

Romulan marks are extremely easy if you trade in your old Epohhs (not talking the Winter Epohhs, though they were a very nice perk). And only takes a minutes.

And the Romulan Events may seem short of marks compared to STFs, but you also get some fleet marks as well. There is the Romulan daily that yields 60 Romulan Marks and only takes 10 minutes of your time. And lets not forget the variety of missions on New Romulus that yields marks as well.

All in all, what they gave us is the right amount.

radkip 01-10-2013 11:37 AM

I spend a majority of my time PvPing and I've yet to run into a shortage of Romulan marks. Spending about an hour, maybe a little more, on New Romulus every few days has netted me enough to never have a shortage.

I took a big hit to Omega due to needing to complete my 3pc Mk XI (had the other two before the rep system) set recently, so I'll need to do some STFs, but overall the rep system really is not as big an unfair deal as everyone is making it out to be.

kiralyn 01-10-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 7425061)
And if you don't like STFs, you got the Deferi Ground Invasion that gives generous amounts of Omega marks.

Tiny amounts compared to what you can get on New Rom. /shrug

azurianstar 01-10-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiralyn (Post 7425251)
Tiny amounts compared to what you can get on New Rom. /shrug

Actually while the rewards are the same, you can collect Omega marks faster than you can Romulus Mark missions on NR. With the exception of Epohh tagging that is.

But these surface missions are supposed to be the main way, just alternate ways to earn marks.

cptvanor 01-10-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by age03 (Post 7422911)
The idea of starbases.embassies and omega/rom marks just has nothing to do with playing a Star Trek game.

How do you figure that? It's a game, not a episode of Star Trek. As a game there needs to be things in the game that give people goals to achieve. The more goals the longer people play. They can't simply keep adding in more goals that can be achieved in a day or two, so they add in things that take a fair amount of time.

I have news for you, every MMO out there does the same thing.

Quote:

This is just unrealistic and asking the players to put in this much when they probably don't have it.
What's unrealistic about it? If anything it's more line with Star Trek then some of the other things out there. Running around New Rom, scanning life forms and the like is very much in keeping with the general ST feel.

That said, it's quite clear that the players are in fact quite busy doing this. They may never visit New Rom once they hit T5, but most people will in fact do the grind to hit T5 and get the goodies they want.

marc8219 01-10-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 7424911)
It is possible to get a piece of Mk XII STF gear without ever doing an elite STF with that Tier 5 reward. I also hear people that sometimes get BNPs through regular STFs. Besides I can get Mk XII STF ground gear without even touching a ground STF so the whole idea of restricting STF equipment based on activity is now moot. More ways to get Omega Marks is necessary because not everyone likes to do elite STFs or even touch them with a 10 foot pole. Adding Borg raising or any activity that would give 400 Omega Marks every few days for little content to the game would decrease the amount of afkers from actual useful content like elite STFs. I don't hear the complaints about afkers in Romulan events that I hear about in elite STFs and that is due to epohh raising.

All that needs to be done for the Romulan Marks is give an elite version of the current Romulan events since there is a wider range of methods to get Romulan Marks compared to Omega Marks..

Or how about stop wanting to afk in the first place and play the game, we do not need more AFKable content. We need devs to focus on content that is fully playable, not just click a few things go afk a few days content.

There is less Romulan missions in the pve que then borg missions, an elite version of those will not solve the problem that there is only 2 regular space missions, 1 shuttle mission and 1 ground mission that gets screwed up all the time due to difficulty of 20 people working together. There is 6 borg pve que missions that have both normal and elite versions, thus there is way more ways to earn Omega then Romulan. We need at least 2 or 3 new Romulan Space and ground pve que missions that would be harder then the current ones even on normal and would reward comparable marks and dil to stf. New Romulus has to give more marks to.

Some of us don't want to touch Epohhs with a ten foot pole and don't want to go to New Romulus or Tau Dewa until they give a decent way to earn marks there without epohh.

teklionbenrasha 01-10-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc8219 (Post 7425881)
Some of us don't want to touch Epohhs with a ten foot pole and don't want to go to New Romulus or Tau Dewa until they give a decent way to earn marks there without epohh.

I don't do Epohh tagging and I still have plenty of RM. Simple way of doing it:

1. Get the Tau Dewa patrol.
2. Get the Tau Dewa radiation mission.

3. Do the patrol while collecting radiation from systems on your way.

4. Turn in Tau Dewa Patrol: 60 RM (more during rep hour).
5. Turn in Radiation mission: 10 RM.
6. Last of all, go to NR itself and hand in the radiation reports you got on the way: Another 8+ RM.

Boom.