Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fleet Disbanded (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=511171)

bortjinx 01-11-2013 04:41 AM

Fleet Disbanded
 
Fairly recently, myself and a group of friends left one fleet and formed a new one. Since then, we have worked our butts off to get to tier 1 Embassy, almost tier 2 Starbase, with every possible special project completed (That's 2.6 MILLION Dilithium, on special projects alone - Probably around 3 million Dil in total).

Today, I find out that one of the people who joined us in transferring to this new fleet has emptied our fleet bank, kicked everyone from the fleet, and disbanded it. I will be reporting her later, as soon as I get in game, but that will have to be after work.

In the meantime, can anyone offer us any hope that this might be resolved in a positive way, or are we just doomed to have to start over... again?

idrona 01-11-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bortjinx (Post 7433651)
Fairly recently, myself and a group of friends left one fleet and formed a new one. Since then, we have worked our butts off to get to tier 1 Embassy, almost tier 2 Starbase, with every possible special project completed (That's 2.6 MILLION Dilithium, on special projects alone - Probably around 3 million Dil in total).

Today, I find out that one of the people who joined us in transferring to this new fleet has emptied our fleet bank, kicked everyone from the fleet, and disbanded it. I will be reporting her later, as soon as I get in game, but that will have to be after work.

In the meantime, can anyone offer us any hope that this might be resolved in a positive way, or are we just doomed to have to start over... again?

That sucks, you should be glad this is not one of the other space pew pew games. :D

By having a look at the ToS (especially 10. User Conduct) I'd guess that the GM's will probably be able to help you. This is just my guess though.

sollvax 01-11-2013 04:56 AM

Do you know the actual person involved?

if so you might be in with a chance

(please do NOT name them here however)

bortjinx 01-11-2013 04:58 AM

I know the name of the person involved. I have chatted to them from time to time, but could not say I really know them. Other members of our fleet command structure thought they knew her quite well.

revanist4 01-11-2013 05:03 AM

Yes we know who it is and an a number of us have reported the player in game just waiting now for a response, and hello jinx

blindsaviour666 01-11-2013 05:28 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

If she was able to disband the fleet it means that the leadership gave her the ability to do so. Also by promoting her to a leadership position she has also gained ownership of the fleet in a degree so again she had a right to do it.

That's at least what I'd expect to hear as a response from the GM, I hope you won't hear that and you'll actually get this resolved but as I said the chances are slim to none, sorry...

bortjinx 01-11-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revanist4 (Post 7433901)
Yes we know who it is and an a number of us have reported the player in game just waiting now for a response, and hello jinx

Hey mate. She just turned up on our fleet forums, so I pm'ed her asking why she did it. I doubt I'll get a response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindsaviour666 (Post 7434141)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

If she was able to disband the fleet it means that the leadership gave her the ability to do so. Also by promoting her to a leadership position she has also gained ownership of the fleet in a degree so again she had a right to do it.

That's at least what I'd expect to hear as a response from the GM, I hope you won't hear that and you'll actually get this resolved but as I said the chances are slim to none, sorry...

Possibly, but I hope not. Not even for the sake of getting our fleet back, but just for those people who worked their assess off to get us up to almost tier 2 in the space of about 3 weeks.

As for the leadership giving her the ability to dissolve our fleet, maybe they did, but our fleet leader has been in the same fleet as her for, I believe, several years, and she has never shown any inclination to do anything like this before, and yes, she did have responsibilities in our old fleet before we formed this one.

lolimpicard 01-11-2013 05:39 AM

How is this a bug?

bortjinx 01-11-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolimpicard (Post 7434251)
How is this a bug?

It isn't, but I wasn't really sure where else to place it, so it came here as this is probably the most likely place for it to be spotted by the devs.

blakes7tvseries 01-11-2013 06:16 AM

This has happen to many Fleets and sorry guys Cryptic will not help.

I can help, you all are invited to join a fleet I run its a Tier 4, most friendly, and very active.

This way it's a step ahead and not a loss, I can also give you high Fleet ranks for your officers.

Please feel free to use the forum PM to send me your at names.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 PM.