Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Orange Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=511341)

stonesdelta 01-11-2013 08:11 AM

Orange Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities

I have got blue version of Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities with my main character.

Until 10AM PST of Monday, January 14th, 2013, the rerun of feature episodes offer orange version of Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities as rewards.

If I discard my current blue version and do the rerun, can I get the orange version?

I wonder about this because the orange version is more visible than blue one (stand out more)

crazyphil487 01-12-2013 12:04 AM

Both items can coexist. The orange versions are "bind to account" where as the blue are "bind to character".

stonesdelta 01-12-2013 01:38 AM

Hey thanks for the reply, but it seems both of them are bound to character, and I can only have one.

I've tested discarding blue and getting orange on Tribble test server, and it seems to work.
So I am going to go ahead and do that so its easier to distinguish its a unique item.

verlaine11 01-12-2013 02:27 AM

On one of my characters i have 2 Shards - i got one when the FE came out originally and the 2nd a few days ago - both have different text colour

sumghai 01-14-2013 03:22 PM

There's both an account and a character bound version of the Shard?

I'd buy that for a dollar!

futurepastnow 01-17-2013 05:58 AM

I was able to claim the orange Shard without discarding my purple one, one of my fleetmates could not, so it seems they can co-exist.... just not for everyone. Perhaps the Shard was updated between its original release and the previous FE rerun, which would mean there are actually three versions of it...

Then again, I was able to claim a second TR-116 and a second Automated Defense Battery on most of my characters, so I think the game doesn't always actually check if an item is "unique" or not.

smokeybacon90 01-17-2013 06:54 AM

I have so far claimed five Mol-Rihan Tribbles on one character. There are plenty of loopholes with the "unique" items.

asphe 01-18-2013 09:29 PM

It's just a glitch. You got to expect a lot of this in this game. You can have multiples of the Cane of either type. Some times, it's just a matter of logging off then trying to reclaim the award again. I've had all 4 device slots filled with the cane. They do NOT share CDs. Likewise the pattern enhancers are the Shard too. Eventually I discarded most of the extras to save space.

You can also 'get' this with other things like the holographic doffs for example.

PS Don't you think it's notable that you CAN'T do this with the new dilithium weapons?

deokkent 02-01-2013 02:32 AM

Any insights on whether or not the cane is useful in combat? Does it stop you from shooting non friendlies when active? I really can't tell, especially when I'm fighting an elite tac for instance. It looks like I can tank it, not sure if I'm doing any damage...

Full maco gear mk xii + adapted pulsewave + fire team kit + specs points in the right spot (me hopes lol).

str34kfury 02-01-2013 03:39 AM

They had different coloured versions? Damn, I would have rerun the missions if I'd known.