Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Embassy hull repair and shield emitter consoles cooldown (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=511401)

rudiefix1 01-11-2013 10:00 AM

Embassy hull repair and shield emitter consoles cooldown
 
The description about the hull/shield proc is as follows:

When receiving damage, 2.5% chance to restore [x hull or shield]. 10 seconds cooldown.

Now I am wondering: if I have 4 shield emitter consoles equiped and one of them procs a heal, does this cooldown then apply to all 4 shield consoles? Thus equipping more than 1 hull and 1 schield is a waste? Anyone knows the answer/ checked logs?

dontdrunkimshoot 01-11-2013 11:46 AM

i have a feeling these effects don't stack, only 1 is actually active at a time. by the sounds of it, having 2 consoles add a plasma dot to weapons does not double the dot you get. if you use plasma weapons thought, the tac console like effect does stack though. its likely the threat +/- stacks i would think

spacepenguin121 01-11-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 7440511)
i have a feeling these effects don't stack, only 1 is actually active at a time. by the sounds of it, having 2 consoles add a plasma dot to weapons does not double the dot you get. if you use plasma weapons thought, the tac console like effect does stack though. its likely the threat +/- stacks i would think

I'm not sure about the shield and hull procs, but the plasma proc for non plasma weapons does stack. Each plasma console adds an additional item on the weapon tool tip, but the procs are all linked along with the base weapon proc. If you watch the buff bar closely when it does proc you will see a plasma fire stack for each console equipped. This can be confirmed in the combat log, as each stack generates a separate line for listing the damage done. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I would guess that the shield and hull proc behave in a similar manner.

dontdrunkimshoot 01-11-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacepenguin121 (Post 7441001)
I'm not sure about the shield and hull procs, but the plasma proc for non plasma weapons does stack. Each plasma console adds an additional item on the weapon tool tip, but the procs are all linked along with the base weapon proc. If you watch the buff bar closely when it does proc you will see a plasma fire stack for each console equipped. This can be confirmed in the combat log, as each stack generates a separate line for listing the damage done. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I would guess that the shield and hull proc behave in a similar manner.

2 consoles would give 2 different plasma procs? well, i guess i was lied to then when i asked over opvp about it

spacepenguin121 01-11-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 7441771)
2 consoles would give 2 different plasma procs? well, i guess i was lied to then when i asked over opvp about it

They are linked, so don't know if I'd call them different, but each console will add one stack of plasma fire, at least they did when I tested it a few weeks ago. If you want it retested, feel free to message me in game and I'll set up a test. Also note that individually the plasma procs from the consoles are weaker than the standard plasma weapon proc.

rudiefix1 01-11-2013 04:09 PM

this subject is moving into plasma proc.
A very important different between the hull and shield proc consoles is that they DO have a cooldown, and the plasma consoles dont. Plasma is just 2.5% chance of aply X dmg plasma....everytime, NO cooldown. So my question is about if the cooldown is shared ( = worth buying more consoles, or not.)

spacepenguin121 01-11-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudiefix1 (Post 7445251)
this subject is moving into plasma proc.
A very important different between the hull and shield proc consoles is that they DO have a cooldown, and the plasma consoles dont. Plasma is just 2.5% chance of aply X dmg plasma....everytime, NO cooldown. So my question is about if the cooldown is shared ( = worth buying more consoles, or not.)

Sorry about the plasma proc related derailment. The shield/hull consoles are something I've been meaning to test as well, but haven't gotten around to yet. Probably going to try and test it this weekend though, and when I do, I'll post my results here.

xtremenoob1 01-11-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacepenguin121 (Post 7445521)
Sorry about the plasma proc related derailment. The shield/hull consoles are something I've been meaning to test as well, but haven't gotten around to yet. Probably going to try and test it this weekend though, and when I do, I'll post my results here.

I'm curious about them, too. There was chatter in OPVP that they are broke, so I'm eager to test a couple to see what the bug is. Is it a OP or just broke ;9

xtremenoob1 01-11-2013 09:56 PM

Picked up 2xeach shield/hull

The only noticeable issue was /w console this would occasionally happen. These procs were back to back.

We'll do more tests tmr with > 2 people firing. But from the current test it seems that the proc takes a second to activate and if it procs in that window you get a second tick. With two consoles the 10 second CD seems to stand. The proc rate doesn't seems to improve overall, but again, more testing is needed.


2xshield/hull

10/7% healing

2xshield/hull

11/6% healing

(based on a 30 second firing window with all heals fired once) - Low weapons power, no tact consoles, and other such items to minimize the damage. At least for the tests.

+Plasma stack so 3 will apply x3. They can stack multiple times, too but they don't indicate the have a CD. So IE, I had x6 at one point from a single turret w/in 2 or 3 shots it proc'd twice. So that could quickly become concerning if a full team had 2+ of them each.


[1/11 11:14] [Combat (Self)] 400 shield damage was dealt to your Shield Repair.

[1/11 11:14] [Combat (Self)] 400 shield damage was dealt to your Shield Repair.

[1/11 11:14] [Combat (Self)] 400 shield damage was dealt to your Shield Repair.

[1/11 11:14] [Combat (Self)] 400 shield damage was dealt to your Shield Repair.

[1/11 11:14] [Combat (Self)] 457 shield damage was dealt to your Shield Repair.

[1/11 11:14] [Combat (Self)] 457 shield damage was dealt to your Shield Repair.

[1/11 11:14] [Combat (Self)] 457 shield damage was dealt to your Shield Repair.

[1/11 11:14] [Combat (Self)] 457 shield damage was dealt to your Shield Repair.

spacepenguin121 01-11-2013 10:57 PM

That's a pretty good summary of the initial testing, only thing that is not clear from the log excerpt as posted is that there was a small delay (0.1s) in the double proc, with the first occurring at 13:01:12:00:14:46.9 and the second at 13:01:12:00:14:47.0 according to the combat log. Also note that this double proc occurred with only one shield proc console in use. Additional testing with a higher rate of fire is still required to try and get better confirmation of the 10s cool down applying to all consoles of a type and to reproduce additional double/multi-procs. However, initial results suggest that only the plasma embassy consoles are worth running more than one of as they do stack, whereas additional shield and hull consoles only serve to get you marginally closer to the 10s cooldown.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 PM.