Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Why all these old ships? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=511591)

poopbang 01-11-2013 12:36 PM

Why all these old ships?

Seriously, why are we getting all these ships that are from the past? I can under stand T1-3, but T4+ should all be 25 century style. :confused:C'mon cryptic, common senseplease.

daveyny 01-11-2013 12:38 PM

Because, even though you apparently aren't interested in them, many other players are.

Cryptic would be foolish not to cash in on that fact...

And making them lower than T-4 would be counter-productive to that ends.

It's still a business, and making a Profit is the ultimate goal of any business.

Ignore is such an easy thing to do, give it a try. ;)

lordfuzun 01-11-2013 12:51 PM

The reason for having all of Trek in STO is quite simple. Its for the fans of all Trek. That is why you see uniforms, ships, interiors and equipment from all past eras in addition to those of the the current era. STO is the only really major thing happening for the non-Abrahm Star Trek.

elandarksky 01-11-2013 12:55 PM

pretty much what has been brought up already, people who dont care about the "future" direction of the game, rather nostalgiaf..reaks

stirling191 01-11-2013 01:03 PM

Not to mention it's effectively standard Fed procedure to be refitting and reworking spaceworthy craft for decades, even centuries, after their launch. If it aint broke... (insert additional applicable cliches here).

neoakiraii 01-11-2013 01:13 PM

I came to play a Trek game, and my nerd side wants access to all the old ships from the show, now that it's pretty much done and all the famous Federation ships are in game, they can go on and add new ones.

shockwave85 01-11-2013 01:23 PM

Some people don't like the 2409 era ship designs. Some people prefer a "pure" Trek experience with canon uniforms and canon ships. Plus, many people have their pet favorite ship and they'd just really like to be able to use it. Why waste resources developing a whole new design from scratch when there are still existing designs people are clamoring to have?

daveyny 01-11-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elandarksky (Post 7441741)
pretty much what has been brought up already, people who dont care about the "future" direction of the game, rather nostalgiaf..reaks

Since this game has nothing really, to do with the JJ Trek currently being produced...

Aren't we ALL 'nostalgia freaks' in some way or another??

markhawkman 01-11-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoakiraii (Post 7442151)
I came to play a Trek game, and my nerd side wants access to all the old ships from the show, now that it's pretty much done and all the famous Federation ships are in game, they can go on and add new ones.

This. People will ask for more "canon" ships until they release playable versions of every ship ever seen on screen. Sure they'll keep making more new stuff(like Oddy), but people like to see old stuff.

elandarksky 01-11-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyny (Post 7442401)
Since this game has nothing really, to do with the JJ Trek currently being produced...

Aren't we ALL 'nostalgia freaks' in some way or another??

JJ trek is still the past, just a different timeline
(besides i didnt bring up jj's trek >.>)

Im referring to the FUTURE, :p After TNG after nemisis after the explosion of romulus, new ships etc :p