Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ask Cryptic: January 2013 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=511611)

pwebranflakes 01-11-2013 01:00 PM

Ask Cryptic: January 2013

In this brand-new edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Daniel Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions.

Link to the Ask Cryptic.

game5pock 01-11-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStahl
" We also have Season 9 scheduled to launch in the second-half of 3013."

This is a typo, I hope?

mazurkr1 01-11-2013 01:07 PM

hey, at least they're got long-term plans

pwebranflakes 01-11-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by game5pock (Post 7442011)
This is a typo, I hope?

Yes, obviously it was a typo :P It was fixed earlier if you refresh.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

f2pdrakron 01-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 7442111)
Yes, obviously it was a typo :P

We never know when its a error or working as intended or a error that is working as intended until its a error.

alexhurlbut 01-11-2013 01:19 PM

A solution for the AFKers in PVE bouts;
Track their damage/healing output (which is already done in some of the PvE bouts). Keep the information of "how much it take to be not considered AFK" a secret so the lazy players cannot figure it out and then just try to contribute the *absolute* minimum. This "minimum" line to be considered not AFK would varied from PvE bout to bout and varied between normal and elite modes as well.

daveyny 01-11-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStahl
" We also have Season 9 scheduled to launch in the second-half of 3013."
Quote:

game5pock
This is a typo, I hope?
Dans been jumpin' around in His Time Machine again... :D

daveyny 01-11-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Q: (tpai99) Will there be a Fleet version of the Vesta? What about the new ships that you guys design yourself? Will there be more possibilities to create your own ship?

Dstahl: We haven?t made a final decision on the Fleet Vesta, but it is one of the ships we are considering for a Fleet refit. We do have several new ship designs in the works, along with some older designs from both the TOS and Enterprise era. One of our long term goals is to allow Fleets the ability to customize and/or create their own ships, but we want to make more customization parts for existing ships before we implement that.

As a really huge TOS fan..,

I'm not sure whether to squeee or pass out about this. :D

neoakiraii 01-11-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by game5pock (Post 7442011)
This is a typo, I hope?

cool maybe it will be a Futurama update :D

shaunkl 01-11-2013 01:39 PM

Good Ask Cryptic. I'm excited for the UI revamp in season 8 and I have a friend who will be happy about the OS X port.

Could we have the image at the top of this month's Ask Cryptic in a full-sized wallpaper please?