Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   romulan call in's (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=512561)

maicake716 01-12-2013 11:20 AM

romulan call in's

so whens this being removed from pvp?

-the ability to use romulan reputation support call ins while in pvp matches.

needs to be removed from pvp.

tick0 01-12-2013 12:31 PM

Agreeeeed.

pwebranflakes 01-12-2013 12:46 PM

I saw some feedback about this in another thread and passed it along to the dev team so it could be considered.

Please note that these are not operational assets (the ones that can be used in fleet events and include scimitars), which do not work in PvP. Instead, these support ships work like consumable fighters (scorpions from the Vault mission, peregrine fighters, etc.). They also have a 10 minute cool down, can be taken down fairly easily, and they share a global cooldown with fleet support, so it is a trade off to use one of these.

Continue to leave constructive feedback in this thread about it so the team can read it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

maicake716 01-12-2013 12:52 PM

as i had mentioned- the major concern i have is that the pvp community fights so hard to reduce the amount of spam and then new needless things get added in, effectively making the fight to reduce spam pointless.

:)

pwebranflakes 01-12-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maicake716 (Post 7455561)
as i had mentioned- the major concern i have is that the pvp community fights so hard to reduce the amount of spam and then new needless things get added in, effectively making the fight to reduce spam pointless.

:)

What are your thoughts on it being a tradeoff since it puts your Fleet Support ability on a global cooldown? Is there a certain power from the ships you've seen that has made them more difficult in PvP? Feedback like this will be very beneficial for the team :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

maicake716 01-12-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 7455621)
What are your thoughts on it being a tradeoff since it puts your Fleet Support ability on a global cooldown? Is there a certain power from the ships you've seen that has made them more difficult in PvP? Feedback like this will be very beneficial for the team :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

the issue with that is that the fleet support can only be used when your hull is at 50% or less, im under the impression that the romulan ships do not have that restriction. if thats in place and if the romulan warbird doesnt have vm/shockwave (i havent seen if it does or doesnt) then i guess that would be about as balanced as it could get, and so long as their cooldowns cant be decreased with powers/doffs/other items/gear sets....

then the only issue is... it isnt "star trek" at that point. its "alien trek" but thats a whole seperate issue from pvp.

dontdrunkimshoot 01-12-2013 01:12 PM

when a d'd is called in, its basically a free VM, a PSW, a TB, and a string of strong plasma torps

thats pretty much all you need to put someone in a position were they can be easily killed. really dont need something like that poping into pvp imo

majortiraomega 01-12-2013 01:32 PM

The global cooldown with fleet support doesn't matter much considering how useless fleet support is at the moment. It's an ability that allows the player to warp in a random federation starship (usually a Miranda frigate), has a 15 minute cooldown, and the starship immediately despawns if there is not an enemy 4km or closer away. Add on top of that the fact that your hull needs to be below 50%. In PvP when my hull is below 50%, I am usually scrambling for heals rather than trying to get an allied ship warped in. And when I do warp it in, the other player usually just moves to 8km for 2 seconds so that the ship despawns.

If Federation fleet support were made to function like an operational asset and usable at 75% hull I would find the ability actually useful both in PvE and PvP. It would also make using romulan reinforcements a more significant tradeoff. At the current moment, the romulan reinforcements benefit the team. Whereas Fleet support is a hit or miss depending on whether or not the ship aggros an enemy in the 2 second window before despawning (in which case it sticks around).

pwebranflakes 01-12-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maicake716 (Post 7455711)
the issue with that is that the fleet support can only be used when your hull is at 50% or less, im under the impression that the romulan ships do not have that restriction. if thats in place and if the romulan warbird doesnt have vm/shockwave (i havent seen if it does or doesnt) then i guess that would be about as balanced as it could get, and so long as their cooldowns cant be decreased with powers/doffs/other items/gear sets....

then the only issue is... it isnt "star trek" at that point. its "alien trek" but thats a whole seperate issue from pvp.

The Romulan support ships can be called in at anytime (not dependent on health %), but do have a cost to them through the reputation system (Dilithium, marks, EC, DOFFs) -- so there is a trade off for using them in PvP where you are not getting a RoI on the marks you put in. There is another trade off in that you loose your Fleet Support (which can get you much stronger ships). The D'Deridex can use VM and PSW, I think.

As for "alien trek", the story has advanced -- if you advance your rep with the Romulans, they are willing to aide you in battle (for a cost).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

pwebranflakes 01-12-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majortiraomega (Post 7456151)
The global cooldown with fleet support doesn't matter much considering how useless fleet support is at the moment. It's an ability that allows the player to warp in a random federation starship (usually a Miranda frigate), has a 15 minute cooldown, and the starship immediately despawns if there is not an enemy 4km or closer away. Add on top of that the fact that your hull needs to be below 50%. In PvP when my hull is below 50%, I am usually scrambling for heals rather than trying to get an allied ship warped in. And when I do warp it in, the other player usually just moves to 8km for 2 seconds so that the ship despawns.

If Federation fleet support were made to function like an operational asset and usable at 75% hull I would find the ability actually useful both in PvE and PvP. It would also make using romulan reinforcements a more significant tradeoff. At the current moment, the romulan reinforcements benefit the team. Whereas Fleet support is a hit or miss depending on whether or not the ship aggros an enemy in the 2 second window before despawning (in which case it sticks around).

This is good feedback! Thanks for contributing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 7455841)
when a d'd is called in, its basically a free VM, a PSW, a TB, and a string of strong plasma torps

thats pretty much all you need to put someone in a position were they can be easily killed. really dont need something like that poping into pvp imo

This is also good feedback, but there is more needed to it, if you have time DDIS :) In the case that they can not be removed from PvP (I'm not saying they can't, or can, just "in the case"), what would you propose to change them? They don't use these powers upon warp-in? Can only be used at x percentage? Stay around for X amount of time, and has to engage an enemy in X amount of time?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=