Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Hey Cryptic, I certainly hope that feds get plasmonic leech to balance the Klink MACO (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=513111)

silversera 01-13-2013 12:35 AM

Hey Cryptic, I certainly hope that feds get plasmonic leech to balance the Klink MACO

Now that you've kindly given the best piece of federetion exclusive equipment to the Klingon there is no way in hell you can justify them keeping their leech console as exclusive. Having both the MACO shield AND the leech is just way too god a combo to be only available to one faction

This console HAS to be in the next lockbox, no way it can wait another 6 month for whatever the lockbox after the dominion one is. Now that I have my breen ship I need the drain to go with it and not a once every 3 minutes kind of drain.

fulleatherjacket 01-13-2013 12:50 AM

Relax. The upcoming Dominion lockbox will probably have the console as a possible reward.

born2bwild1 01-13-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket (Post 7460841)
Relax. The upcoming Dominion lockbox will probably have the console as a possible reward.

Actually I am on the Fed side of this debate just because the KDF players cried havoc and wanted to burn down Cryptic over just the rumour that the Feds would get MACO and the Leech - as being way out of balance.

The thread eventually had to be shut down. If there is not Fed leech console in the next lock box I will say that the Fed players - all 80% should vote with their wallets if it's something that bothers them and avoid the lock-box all together.

Seriously though this is just a PvP issue which won't effect 90% of the Fed players - but Meh.

diogene0 01-13-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born2bwild1 (Post 7460931)
Seriously though this is just a PvP issue which won't effect 90% of the Fed players - but Meh.

It's an insignificant pvp issue, since 6 points in power insulator will make the power drain unnoticeable. Sure there's a little gain but it's not what keeps feds loosing against the KDF players. :D

eisenw0lf 01-13-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diogene0 (Post 7461041)
It's an insignificant pvp issue, since 6 points in power insulator will make the power drain unnoticeable. Sure there's a little gain but it's not what keeps feds loosing against the KDF players. :D

It will be as usual:

1. Feds receive KDF equipment again
2. KDF outrage
3. Fed outrage because the gear they received is not the 'I win'-button they hoped for.
4. KDF still win 99% of all PvP games.
5. Back to 1.

phalanx01 01-13-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenw0lf (Post 7461091)
It will be as usual:

1. Feds receive KDF equipment again
2. KDF outrage
3. Fed outrage because the gear they received is not the 'I win'-button they hoped for.
5. Back to 1.

Yup, gear doesn't make a bad player good.

fulleatherjacket 01-13-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenw0lf (Post 7461091)

Because of battlecloaking birds of prey that are impossible to hit without [ACC]]x3. Yeah, we get it.

defalus 01-13-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket (Post 7461561)
Because of battlecloaking birds of prey that are impossible to hit without [ACC]]x3. Yeah, we get it.

Feds would do well to stop recruiting guys like this. (Warning: The word A*Hole is used a few times:D)

diogene0 01-13-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket (Post 7461561)

I can assure you that i can tear bop hulls' apart when i play with my fed chars. Tractor beam, let him use his APO, SNB and boom. :D

It's not about gear, it's about how you play, even if some good gear can help a lot.

captainbmoney 01-13-2013 03:44 AM

I honestly want feds to have Aceton Assimilators. Its obvious that the KDF are going to have the Belleraphon Console.