Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Note from the fleet (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=515041)

shimmerless 01-15-2013 06:47 AM

Note from the fleet

On behalf of TRH, I'd like to apologize for any unpleasantness players may have faced in the last week or so. It's never been our intention to cause discomfort and we only want the best for both the health and integrity of the game, as well as for the level of enjoyment other players can expect from logging in. It's something we all very much strive towards and typically cooler heads will prevail.

It's been a long and stressful week and we just weren't prepared for the explosive direction that events quickly took. In retrospect I'm sure things could've been different, but it only pays to look forward. We now have lots of events going, all of which were community-organized; it's a fantastic opportunity to keep PvP in this damned game alive and kicking. And all of us are at your collective disposal towards achieving that end.

Our TS is always open if ever you want to drop in and say something.

Best + love,

- Shim x

thissler 01-15-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmerless (Post 7488041)
On behalf of TRH, I'd like to apologize for any unpleasantness players may have faced in the last week or so. It's never been our intention to cause discomfort and we only want the best for both the health and integrity of the game, as well as for the level of enjoyment other players can expect from logging in. It's something we all very much strive towards and typically cooler heads will prevail.

It's been a long and stressful week and we just weren't prepared for the explosive direction that events quickly took. In retrospect I'm sure things could've been different, but it only pays to look forward. We now have lots of events going, all of which were community-organized; it's a fantastic opportunity to keep PvP in this damned game alive and kicking. And all of us are at your collective disposal towards achieving that end.

Best + love,

- Shim x

Only <3's for this and Shim! May your road be clear.

mrgrocer56 01-15-2013 07:41 AM

I have never had anything other than positive dealings with you guys. Being a non member of the "big boy" fleets keeps me out of the disputes. Now that I think of it, I have never run into anyone in the big Fed or Klink pvp fleets that have ever been any less than polite and/or professional. Over three years have there been jerks, whiners and the like? Sure. But in my (admittedly) maybe lucky experience these types have been the small minority. It is this jovial and fun attitude that has influenced me to pvp in this MMO and none of the multiple others I have played.

The buried nugget of an awesome pvp game and the folks I have been privileged to fly with and against keep me wading through all the spam, broken crap and frustration to keep pvping.

I still see myself as just a wannabe when it comes to pvp, but 95% of the people I have contacted after matches to try and improve have always been magnanimous and helpful. It is so easy (I know first hand) to give in to negative thoughts and forget all the positive things that we get from this crazy game! Hang in all, and LONG LIVE THE PEW!

So concludes my longest screed on this site, hope it made some sense. :D

shimmerless 01-15-2013 09:51 AM

Something I should add is that we've had a lovely result from the assemblies over the last few days. And we're proud about it! When it comes to helping everyone get onto the same page, that's what we're here for.

It was rough going at first but once we got a handle on things I think a lot of progress was made within the community; people were putting human faces onto players they'd otherwise only see as strings of digits and everyone came to realize that we all want the same thing.

dontdrunkimshoot 01-15-2013 10:04 AM

if the result of all the fighting is that the community becomes closer, then hey thats great. your all a great group of folks to be sure.

aquitaine985 01-15-2013 10:17 AM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

shimmerless 01-15-2013 10:27 AM

I don't think that's how everyone understands things. In any case, the event is still on and we worked very hard to keep it alive. People just want to get it going at this point, and I for one fully respect that.

hurleybird 01-15-2013 01:01 PM

It's good that more people are taking responsibility. I myself am very sorry about the part that I played in all of this.

I do have one question though.

Quote:

I think about half the Panda fleet got banned from your TS last time, is that reversed? Obviously if someone is acting out they need to be kicked, but if you guys want to become a major interfleet "PvP hub" like it sounds like you do it would be good to have a guarantee that you won't randomly ban people you don't agree with.

To put things in perspective, even Pax isn't banned on Panda Vent, despite the fact that he has recorded and posted conversations from our members without their consent. There's another question: can we trust you guys not to do that anymore?

drkfrontiers 01-15-2013 01:49 PM

Thanks for the honesty and sincerity. Its very cool to be like that.

loganwilliams1 01-15-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Best + love,

- Shim x

I don't think it's the fleet. I think it's more the misguided ambition of one person. Sadly, that reflects on the entire fleet, some of which I know are decent folks. If your fleet is looking to preserve the integrity and health of the game perhaps you should consider relieving yourselves of the individual.

Furthermore, in dealings I've had and have witnessed, the individual in question has always presented his best benevolent approach while turning allies to enemies behind your back. It's no surprise to me of the level of the attempted ruse.

Do PvP a favor. Don't try to get involved on behalf of the greater community.

Thanks