Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Does Aenar (Pacifist) improve Medical Generator? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=517321)

ghqcommand 01-17-2013 12:51 PM

Does Aenar (Pacifist) improve Medical Generator?

The c-store Aenar as Superior Pacifist.

This ability improves kit healing powers. Can't find many players using it and when I find them no one has paid attention during combat to be able to answer.

So I need to find out if it applies to my engineer captains Medical Generator and shield recharge.

Does anyone know the specifics, is there stats or evidence the ability works as it should?

Thanks in advance

markhawkman 01-17-2013 12:52 PM

AFAIK it does, it takes a lot of number crunching to be able to tell, though.

ghqcommand 01-17-2013 02:03 PM

In my opinion it should just increase the stats of the Medical Generator on the tray.

If that does not happen then as far as I'm concerned it does not work so I won't buy. No one can say this is how it operates which I find strange. Too many hidden maths and I don't trust all of the maths actually exists. They can easily get away with cutting corners with things like this.

Well I was going to buy the Aenar but no one can tell me anything and nothing on the Wiki. Cryptic/PW lose a sale because of another example of inconsistency.

azurianstar 01-17-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 7523541)
AFAIK it does, it takes a lot of number crunching to be able to tell, though.

This has always bothered me, that why doesn't Cryptic adjust the paper dolls so we see the benefits of the various buffs with the equipment, like we have with the DOFF system?

Like you said its mostly number crunching, becasue nobody knows how much benefit you get from going from 99 skill to 130 skill.

ghqcommand 01-18-2013 01:38 AM

We all know the number of bugs that have been in the game. Even the obviously, in our face bugs have often taking weeks or even months to be fixed.

I'm constantly wondering how many bugs there are left over from year one that no one really figures out. In my situation I would need to drop some medical generators with the Aenar on my team and drop some with the Aenar not on my away team.

But then that would require me handing over Zen, to be a tester. I've played since beta so had my fair share of if. I'll test on Tribble, do not want to test on Holodeck. Just not sure how the zen thing works on tribble, it looks as if it would spend my actual account zen.

avantgarde01 01-18-2013 07:29 AM

I've also long been suspicious of just how much benefit (if any) we're getting from our Boff's traits. I own an Aenar science boff and will do some testing on Holodeck later today. I'll post what I find here as well. In fact, I think I'll just make a run through the Boffs I use most often and see if I can find any tangible evidence of stat boosting.

Instead of another Dilithium 101 write up, I'd like to see a sweeping article which delves into boff traits and how their benefits are applied.

avantgarde01 01-18-2013 08:39 AM

So I just concluded my testing on my Science Officer. I equipped the Medic kit and went to a mission map. I did not take my Aenar with me on the first test and I also made sure not take any Boffs which have the Creative trait (also supposed to improve healing kits). The Medic kit includes the Vascular Regen 3, Medical Tricorder 3, Nanite Health Monitor and Triage 3 powers. In addition to this, I have the innate power of Scientific Aptitude. All of these powers are effected by the Medic skill, which I have maxed.

Below is a summary of my stats without any Boffs which posses traits that would effect healing kits:

Vascular Regen 3:

+33.6 hit points/sec for 10 seconds
+25 All damage resistance rating for 10 seconds

Medical Tricorder 3:

+198.8 hit points
+33.2 All damage resistance rating for 4 seconds

Nanite Health Monitor:

Nanites scan nearby allies for 99.5 seconds
When ally drops below 75% health they will receive:
+150 hit points
+25 All damage resistance rating for 15 seconds
Removes all expose effects, power has 3 charges.

Triage 3:

+186.9 hit points
+25 All damage resistance rating for 15 seconds

Scientific Aptitude 2:

+12.1 hit points/sec for 60 seconds
+24 Slow resistance rating for 60 seconds
+24 Root resistance rating for 60 seconds
+24 Stun resistance rating for 60 seconds
+24 Disable resistance rating for 60 seconds

I then went back to the same mission map and took my science Aenar with me, and then separately took a Saurian boff with me that had the Superior Creativie trait. Sad to say it but there was absolutely no difference in the healing stats. So I'd like to know if we are not understanding how these traits are supposed to effect our kits, or if these traits simply do not work as intended/advertised.

nicha0 01-18-2013 09:34 AM

The traits affect your Boffs healing abilities, not your own. Since Boffs don't have kits, does it work? I avoid them, there isn't much of a way to know unless you give two different Boffs two similar set ups and log the effects.

ghqcommand 01-18-2013 09:59 AM

I like that testing above, was going to get some done myself eventually and come back.

So you are confirming that there is no statistical changes. Does anyone trust that Cryptic has finished this game and the maths are calculated during combat or on spawning based on the entire away team despite not being calculated then displayed for the player?

Am I missing something and being stupid or do I have genuine right to not trust this game?

I picture functions in their code that are empty and return zero because other, more visual things took priority. Call me paranoid or something but I'm a developer, I know how much can go unfinished without the user not even knowing it simply because a) a feature it not used often b) there is not a window/insight into the feature for its shortcomings to be discovered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicha0 (Post 7535581)
The traits affect your Boffs healing abilities, not your own. Since Boffs don't have kits, does it work? I avoid them, there isn't much of a way to know unless you give two different Boffs two similar set ups and log the effects.

So what your saying is a boff can have a trait, which somehow helps the team leader (you the captain) yet it does not help everyone else on the team. I'm looking at this from a common sense perspective.

I do understand the kit thing. Some players might say, that is common sense and obvious but I don't ever put that much certainty into text. Sometimes the code and maths change but text is not updated vice versa or it never really matched in the first place.

ghqcommand 01-18-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicha0 (Post 7535581)

Sorry I misread what you said.

Your wrong on certain traits. There are traits that state they improve your kit abilities, in the case of this thread. I'm raising a trait the Aenar in c-store has and from what it states it should improve the engineers Medical Generator because that is a kit healing ability.