Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Temporal Science Vessel Interior (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=518401)

elderdrake123 01-18-2013 10:08 AM

Temporal Science Vessel Interior

I just managed to get lucky and pick one of these up today and went to check out the interior. At first I really liked it then I found:

-There is no turbolift or means of visiting other areas of the ship
-There is no Captains Ready Room
-There is an invisible wall where the devs could easily have added the above right around the corner

Does this bother anyone else besides me? It was not cheap to get this ship. I do not spend a lot of game time wandering my ship but still, this is lazy to me. I hope I am just missing something or they plan on actually giving players more than a living room size bridge for this because as it stands I am upset that a 500c (or free) C-Store ship has more to offer than my Temporal Science Ship.

azniadeet 01-18-2013 10:29 AM

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I got my Korath and this was the case.

fovrel 01-18-2013 10:29 AM

At least it has a bridge with a futuristic feeling. Remarkable for a sci-fi universe. There is a console were you can do all your doff assignements.

Well, I cannot say more about it. Overall, ship interiors, they don't give me the feeling I am inside a space ship. It is all to big, to high.

tatyanasergei 01-18-2013 10:33 AM

I actually loved the Korath interior. The ceiling and dimensions feel so much more like a proper bridge than most ship bridges in STO. Would I have liked a full Temporal interior? Heck yes, but I am certainly not complaining about what we get.

orangeitis 01-18-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fovrel (Post 7536501)
Well, I cannot say more about it. Overall, ship interiors, they don't give me the feeling I am inside a space ship. It is all to big, to high.

Keep in mind though that Starships in Star Trek universes are huge. Hundreds of meters long.

cehus 01-18-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeitis (Post 7536691)
Keep in mind though that Starships in Star Trek universes are huge. Hundreds of meters long.

And keep in mind, that every square foot of interior space takes a lot of time to make. Yeah, the temporal ship is just shy of 200 meters long, but there is no way we are going to see a 100% complete interior for a lockbox ship.

orangeitis 01-18-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cehus (Post 7536811)
And keep in mind, that every square foot of interior space takes a lot of time to make. Yeah, the temporal ship is just shy of 200 meters long, but there is no way we are going to see a 100% complete interior for a lockbox ship.

Good point, the lockboxes probably aren't even one cubic meter. :P Can't fit THAT big of a ship in one.

warpangel 01-18-2013 11:34 AM

The temporal bridge is awesome! After all, it features one of the most important inventions of the 29th century, the telephone. This is a revolutionary device that allows a captain to contact his crew and give orders to them without running all over the ship to talk to them in person. :D

voyagerfan9751 01-18-2013 11:40 AM

I can't speak on the Temporal ships specifically. but my understanding is this is standard for all lockbox ships. the Bug Ship, Galor, and D'kora I believe all have unique bridges but no other interiors.

Perhaps eventually Cryptic will add an interior, but I doubt it. There are a rather large amount of resources to create a new/unique interior, and I am not sure they would feel it was a good investment of resources to go back on this.

garaks31 01-18-2013 12:06 PM

if we can do more inside the ships i can imagine a quantum flux core room or holo matrix rooms :rolleyes: and i would like to see the aeon shuttle interior like my signature