Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Kamarag and Ambassador class stat speculation (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=518451)

dontdrunkimshoot 01-18-2013 10:43 AM

Kamarag and Ambassador class stat speculation

screens of both anniversary ships have been posted, so i suppose its speculation time, PVP style, as in how they will effect, and what they will bring to pvp

the question is, will they be be fleet ship spec, or stock RA spec when they give them to us. since nether of these ships have any chance of a 3 pack being spawned off of them, i think theres actually a very good chance they will be fleet ship level, and then added to the fleet store after the event. the breen ship having as fleet ship level stats might be set a precedent here too.

Ambassador

42,900 hull
1.1 shield mod
7.5 turn rate
35 inertia

4 eng consoles
3 sci consoles
3 tac consoles

COM eng
LTC sci
LT eng
LT tac
ENS uni

Kamarag
38,000 hull
1.05 shield mod
10.5 turn rate
35 inertia
DC use
cloak

4 eng consoles
2 sci consoles
4 tac consoles

COM eng
LTC tac
LT eng
LT sci
ENS uni

sure, this might be a bit optimistic, but these ships would be extreamly awesome with such stats. on the ambasidor, its kinda like haveing an LTC sci on an odyssey, but also not also haveing a LT sci, which ban be a bit to much sci and not enough eng imo.

of course a kdf cruiser between the stats of fleet vorcha and fleet ktinga would be extreamly awsome as well. in some cases the fleet vorcha has too much tac, this diles the excess tac down a bit, for another close to ideal setup.

the universal ens stations would be gravy, an extreamly nice addition. though they are most likly to just be ENS eng. they might be ether sci or tac , depending on the LTC they have though, like the galor has.

starwrathforever 01-18-2013 11:02 AM

Once again you evul Klinguns have an advantage...4 tac consoles and an LTC tac...Adm. Quinn, let me say this...YOU SUCK!:D

dontdrunkimshoot 01-18-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwrathforever (Post 7537151)
Once again you evul Klinguns have an advantage...4 tac consoles and an LTC tac...Adm. Quinn, let me say this...YOU SUCK!:D

it might be 4/3/3 for the kdf ship, could only have 9 consoles. we will see. the feds though, a ship with that station setup could cause a shake up within the healing ranks as to whats the top heal boat. just like the oddy and bortasq, 1 will be a go to ship and the other might be left in obscurity. but this kdf ship isnt some fat fed cruiser clone by the looks of it, im sure it will be great for kdf cruiser fans like me.

oh ya, special console powers. im hoping none personally.

patrickngo 01-18-2013 11:17 AM

Take whatever the Ambassador is, copy/paste, reduce hull, cripple shields, and reduce a stat, whether it's impulse modifier, or turn rate. Apparently with twice the Dev staffing (Stahl DID say their staff doubled) they lost the ability to work on two different ships for two different factions at the same time...

starwrathforever 01-18-2013 11:28 AM

Yeah...you evul Klinguns have the Battle Cruisers...we silly pacifist Feds have only Cruisers...:D

redricky 01-18-2013 12:25 PM

I would take either of these layouts happily. I've been wanting something with a Com/Lt Eng so I can run double A2B1's and get a LtC that ain't Eng.

hroothvitnir 01-18-2013 03:03 PM

The Kamarag might make me play my klingon 50 again. I just really liked those old ship designs.

I'd like to see it as a tac > sci > eng in terms of bridge slots. That would be an interesting and different ship for the klingons at least.

drkfrontiers 01-18-2013 04:13 PM

Bit disappointed in that its another cruiser.

Great looking ship though, but really the KDF has enough Battlecruisers I think.

In terms of its stations I would be surprised if they lock down the LTC station to one career due to the drought the KDF have experienced over the last 2 years. I would expect them to make that Universal - to at least allow all classes an equal opportunity at a ship/ role for their class.

But then again. What I know about anything important is pretty much about nothing :)

virusdancer 01-18-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 7536761)
Ambassador

42,900 hull
1.1 shield mod
7.5 turn rate
35 inertia

4 eng consoles
3 sci consoles
3 tac consoles

COM eng
LTC sci
LT eng
LT tac
ENS uni

Hrmmm... better hull and shield modifier than a Galaxy Retrofit? That doesn't really make sense for an older ship. More consoles than a G-R?

This isn't like with the Oddy - where they were doing the next Enterprise. This is the C. Even a Retrofit C would not be as good as a Retrofit D... wouldn't it more likely be a variant of a RA Star/Assault...with stats closer to that?

Quote:

Kamarag
40,000 hull
1.05 shield mod
10.5 turn rate
35 inertia
DC use
cloak

4 eng consoles
2 sci consoles
4 tac consoles

COM eng
LTC tac
LT eng
LT sci
ENS uni

Hrmmm... same here. It's a better ship than it should be. It's along the lines of a variant of a Tor'Kaht...when it should be somewhere between the K't'inga and Vor'cha?

Cause if these older ships come out with better stats than the newer ships that already exist - that's screwing over the people that have those ships. It's not the same as coming out with new ships/future ships (where one would expect them to be better) - they're older ships. RA Retrofits, so they're better than standard RAs...but not on the level of VA Refits/Retrofits...because they're older.

edit: Variants of the Excelsior and the Vor'cha... cause these "new" ships are T3/T5 ships - not T4/T5 nor T5/T5+ ships.

edit2: That being said, if they hope to sell a T5 variant - it may be a case we only get the T3 free.

edit3: Or it may be a case that the free T5's weak enough that folks would pay for a T5 that's decent. Or you could be looking at the console thing.

edit4: Or don't forget all those folks that said they'd pay to be able to fly an endgame Ambassador - so it might be the T3 for free and a shoddy T5 for those folks.

f2pdrakron 01-18-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Ambassador

42,900 hull
1.1 shield mod
7.5 turn rate
35 inertia

Not seeing it.

42,900 would put it higher that the Galaxy-R that is just 40k, Excelsior retrofit is 39k, meaning there is really not much room as its either one or the other, not higher that the Odyssey and we would have to look at the Fleet Galaxy to find higher hull as the Fleet Star Cruiser have the same stats.

Same with the 1.1 Shield Modifier, neither the Galaxy-R or the Excelsior retrofit have a 1.1 Shield modifier, you are putting FLEET ships on the Z-Store.

Also 7.5 turn rate? Excelsior is 8 and Galaxy is 6 so were the .5 comes from?

Quote:

4 eng consoles
3 sci consoles
3 tac consoles
10 consoles, again this is Fleet ships level and only ones that get that outside the Fleet system are the Pack Ships and the Steamrunner that is not directly available.

Also I doubt there is a univeral seat, this would make the Galaxy-R so irrelevant they might as well throw a hangar in and allow it to separate because this would then make that ship utter obsolete, sure they did that with the Interpid-R but at least they had the decency of having a younger ship doing that.

Quote:

Kamarag
40,000 hull
1.05 shield mod
10.5 turn rate
35 inertia
DC use
cloak
This is harder to judge because the Vor'cha and K't'inga are at diferent tiers.

But you just make it having stronger hull, more shields and higher turn rate that the Vor'cha refit, in fact it gets more hull that the fleet Vor'cha just losing shields to it.

I would say they have to go either way in turn rate, its either 10 or 11 with hull/shields adapted to what they will go with.

Quote:

4 eng consoles
2 sci consoles
4 tac consoles
This is a copy of the Fleet Vor'cha, I dont think I need to say more do I?

COM eng
LTC tac
LT eng
LT sci
ENS uni

Considering the low Sci consoles and the fact the Lt is on Sci and the Lt. on Eng we all know were that Ensign Universal will go.

I think this makes a rather awkward cruiser, the low Science consoles and stuck Lt. Sci just makes that station being used for more self heals, its not a science cruiser and the loss of the Lt Tactical just pushes this into a taking cruiser with weaker hull.

That also makes it worst that the Fleet Negh'Var, granted its a T5 Zen Store ship and not a Fleet ship but then it have 10 consoles without being a pack ship.

Quote:

sure, this might be a bit optimistic
I would say very unrealistic because in the Ambassador case you just make a Fleet ship and I have no idea what your Kamarag is, its kinda of a tank with 10 console slots but a weaker Fleet Negh'Var, it does almost beat the Negh'Var as a tank that begs the question of how would Cryptic allow it to happen.

Zen store ships should not beat their Tier ships, the VA ships are supposed to be T5 ships with a unique console, even the Pack ships have some rather strong drawbacks in some areas.

What you did was make ships that simply beat their non-Fleet counterparts in stats and also lag a bit behind Fleet ships that in the Ambassador case it might as well come with a unique device called "pissing over the Galaxy Retrofit grave" because you are simply making the Galaxy IRRELEVANT.