Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Klingons getting some more attention? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=518841)

bertiewooster 01-18-2013 04:29 PM

Klingons getting some more attention?

I've just been noticing that there seems to be an increase of Klingon stuff lately. Dstahl's been hinting at stuff in the ask cryptic's, a new ship class is shown off in the screenshots, the guramba is featured, and the temporal lock box banner on the launcher features the korath temporal ship. Much more Klingon related content in a relatively short span of time than I've ever seen before in the year I've been playing this game. Coincidence? maybe...or maybe cryptic is trying to give Klingons more attention. I hope this is the case, because I'm starting to really like my KDF captain (for the first time) and I'd love to see more goodies for that faction.

stulpnagel 01-18-2013 08:34 PM

well this is my chance to make some propaganda: wanna join a "solo klingon fleet with only appropriate klingon names? PM me:D

twg042370 01-18-2013 08:39 PM

We're getting another broken heart.

There's nothing sadder in the world than a crying Klingon.

bitemepwe 01-18-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertiewooster (Post 7542261)
I've just been noticing that there seems to be an increase of Klingon stuff lately. Dstahl's been hinting at stuff in the ask cryptic's, a new ship class is shown off in the screenshots, the guramba is featured, and the temporal lock box banner on the launcher features the korath temporal ship. Much more Klingon related content in a relatively short span of time than I've ever seen before in the year I've been playing this game. Coincidence? maybe...or maybe cryptic is trying to give Klingons more attention. I hope this is the case, because I'm starting to really like my KDF captain (for the first time) and I'd love to see more goodies for that faction.

Thats the spirit!

crusty8mac 01-18-2013 09:46 PM

Smoke and mirrors. Ignore the man behind the curtain.

trek21 01-19-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crusty8mac (Post 7545441)
Smoke and mirrors. Ignore the man behind the curtain.

You can dismiss most of those examples as smoke and mirrors, but I highly doubt the same can be said of the Friday screenshot :D

A new design, even if it's just a kitbash of familar canon KDF ships... certainly looks and sounds like proof that they're working on a KDF element. That's certainly a rare step-up from what we usually get

hawks3052 01-19-2013 04:52 AM

The devs had to show up anything for KDF to avoid the next large outrcry if the Ambassador would be the only 3rd annivesary gift. The Bortas was the last bad joke done to the KDF.

Seeing that the ship is only a kitbash of a K'Tinga and a Vor'Cha shows how idealess and non creative Cryptic is when it comes to KDF. So I expect medicore to low quality improvements to the KDF if even any in Season 8.

trek21 01-19-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawks3052 (Post 7548371)
The devs had to show up anything for KDF to avoid the next large outrcry if the Ambassador would be the only 3rd annivesary gift. The Bortas was the last bad joke done to the KDF.

Seeing that the ship is only a kitbash of a K'Tinga and a Vor'Cha shows how idealess and non creative Cryptic is when it comes to KDF. So I expect medicore to low quality improvements to the KDF if even any in Season 8.

Hey, I resent that about the Bortas :P She's a beast if you handle her right

But seriously, they're giving us a kitbash of two canon KDF ships, as a counterpart to the Ambassador (something which hasn't been seen before)... it may not be completely original, but it's still something. Plus I'm glad we're getting something at all, regardless of the reason... something I'd like to rub off on more people on these forums.

And frankly, I'd rather wait and see than develop expectations; those only curb anything good we'll feel, and enhance anything bad... which is counterproductive imo -_-

cletusdeadman 01-19-2013 09:22 AM

I hope Cryptic is finally taking a different stance or view on the KDF.
I personally feel this is long, long over due.

I am hopeful for the future, but still leery from the past. However, I am willing to take the blue pill. Especially considering some of the good things they have done on the Fed side.

If the Ambassador is a mix between a Galaxy and Excelsior, then surely the new ship coming would be a cross between the Vor'Cha and a D-7. I think it fits perfectly and should be comparable in features and layout, but with a KDF twist we have come to expect.

voyagerfan9751 01-19-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawks3052 (Post 7548371)

Largely this, though not completely. We knew the KDF was getting an "Ambassador" equivalent in the 3rd anniversary. This isn't anything new and is more Agnostic then it is a step in the right direction as far as the KDF is concerned.

Still I will give Cryptic its due. Unlike, the above user, I think some though was given in the design. The Kamarag is a transitional ship from the D-7 (K't'inga) to the Vor'cha. It shows this, but then the same can be said for the Ambassador and the Excelsior and Galaxy classes.

Still, before I sing the praises of Cryptic, I am going to need more. I said it in another thread, but I am on a "Pics or it didn't (or isn't going to, I guess) happen". If Cryptic wants to show they are finally going to give the KDF the love and attention it is long over due, they need to show us and actively deliver evidence that it IS going to happen. Not more promises and "We are dedicated to making it happen".