Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Nothing Happens....I just sit there (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=519181)

hoenhiem1 01-18-2013 10:23 PM

Nothing Happens....I just sit there

For the past 3 or 4 days I have not been able to play STO. I log in just fine and find my ship hovering just above ds9 ( where I left it the last time the game worked) , and then it goes down hill. The dialog box from ds9 dock command pops up ( the one that allows you to dock at ds9 or ignore) and I hit continue, dock or the close button....but it stays on screen. No matter what I do it just sits there in the way. I have ignored it and tried to leave the system.....but my ship won't move. I've tried to transwarp to another system. The animation of my ship going to transwarp plays......but I don't leave ds9 and my ship re-appears in the same spot after 6 to 8 seconds. I can't do doff missions, sell items in my inventory or refine dilithium. I can't play pvp missions or even simply go to full impulse....my ship will not move! This is a problem with the game or server or something.
I have not installed or removed any programs from my comp.....I did a completely fresh re-install of windows today and re-installed STO...still the same problem. It is not a computer problem....Ive had my rig checked out and was told it should be kicking this games a**.
I just want to play again....can anyone offer a solution to this problem?

jennyluve 01-19-2013 12:35 AM

Hello there!

Try docking with DS9 then logging out. Once out, relog and then launch your ship from dock and test. Let me know how that goes.

Jenna

hoenhiem1 01-19-2013 01:15 AM

I guess you didn't completely read my post, because I said in it that when I press the dock with ds9 button nothing happens. In fact, the only thing I can do is just sit and look at my f**king ship since nothing happens when I press any of the buttons except for the transwarp buttons. I explained in my original post what happens when I try to transwarp to another starbase. I've been reading other threads and it seems others are having similar problems.....so where are the DEVs? I havn't been able to play in 5 days now. They could at least act like they give a crap about our problems and offer some useful suggestions.

grouchyotaku 01-19-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoenhiem1 (Post 7547451)
... I've been reading other threads and it seems others are having similar problems.....so where are the DEVs? I havn't been able to play in 5 days now. They could at least act like they give a crap about our problems and offer some useful suggestions.

In case you haven't noticed, this Forum is for 'Peer to Peer' support... If you want a response from Cryptic/PWE, you should be posting this issue on the PWE Tech Support Forum... http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/

jennyluve 01-19-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoenhiem1 (Post 7547451)
I guess you didn't completely read my post, because I said in it that when I press the dock with ds9 button nothing happens. In fact, the only thing I can do is just sit and look at my f**king ship since nothing happens when I press any of the buttons except for the transwarp buttons. I explained in my original post what happens when I try to transwarp to another starbase. I've been reading other threads and it seems others are having similar problems.....so where are the DEVs? I havn't been able to play in 5 days now. They could at least act like they give a crap about our problems and offer some useful suggestions.

Annnnnnd clearly you DIDN'T fully read my post. I said try docking with DS9 then logging out. I didn't say: Make sure you dock, wait for DS9 to load and then log.

I understand that you're frustrated, I would be too, but cussing and jumping on the person trying to help you is a quick way for us to ignore you. We don't work for PWE, ergo, I don't have to be nice or put up with BS from angry customer's.

So, either work with me, or don't, but don't sit there and be a jerk toward the person trying to help you.

Jenna