Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   New FED Ship idea (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=520581)

dustyhayes 01-20-2013 02:20 PM

New FED Ship idea
 
OK, I'll admit, there are quite a lot of Federation ships and not enough KDF ships, but my roommates & I were watching the 2009 Star Trek movie and were wondering if the developers had any plans on releasing the new design of the Constitution-class from J.J. Abrams movie? I'm not sure what level of ship that would be, but something a little higher up the cruiser line than a lieutenant or lieutenant commander.

The "Abrams" class cruiser?

Just a thought...

broodwyn 01-20-2013 02:22 PM

That time of year again?

We've had posts like these before JJ'verse ships will not be in the game as its set in ANOTHER time line

br3akingforce 01-20-2013 02:34 PM

mirror universe is another time line, is it not?

broodwyn 01-20-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by br3akingforce (Post 7564941)
mirror universe is another time line, is it not?

Its a Canon Universe established in TOS: Mirror Mirror,

To Quote the FAQ on this site:

Quote:

Q: How does the new Star Trek movie affect Star Trek Online?

A: Star Trek Online exists in the Star Trek universe's "standard timeline," whereas the latest Star Trek movie exists in an alternate timeline created when Nero and Spock entered a singularity and were transported back in time.

lianthelia 01-20-2013 03:03 PM

Please no never in a million years do I want to see anything more than the red matter capacitor from that movie ever.

ussboleyn 01-20-2013 03:13 PM

STO has no license to the Abrams trek.

Thinks like red matter come from the countdown comic which STO does have the license to.

vetteguy904 01-20-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broodwyn (Post 7564821)
That time of year again?

We've had posts like these before JJ'verse ships will not be in the game as its set in ANOTHER time line

Quote:

Originally Posted by lianthelia (Post 7565171)
Please no never in a million years do I want to see anything more than the red matter capacitor from that movie ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ussboleyn (Post 7565291)
STO has no license to the Abrams trek.

Thinks like red matter come from the countdown comic which STO does have the license to.

Thank God Almighty


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 PM.