Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Beware of these bridge packs (Bug) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=520941)

tigerhandler 01-20-2013 11:06 PM

Beware of these bridge packs (Bug)

I just spent 800 Zen on two bridge packs one was the Sovereign and the other was the Emmisary pack. I was very disappointed to find out that most of the bridge officers are not even sitting in the seats right and some are even half way into the floor. This was a lot of zen for a product that is below par of what is expected of an item when paid for with zen. I just wanted to warn others before they made the same mistake. I wouldnt think it would be to hard for them to make a few adjustmeants and the npc placement would be fine but I do not see them taking this kinda of time to work on them. Love the game but do not like to be sold a product that is not to standers of what the other bridges are that can be purchased. :mad:

snoge00f 01-20-2013 11:08 PM

That's horrible. I hope Cryptic fixes those bridges.

trellabor 01-20-2013 11:45 PM

I've seen that happen on missions where I have to go to my bridge for some reason or another and the BoFF's are sitting on top of the consoles or something....but I'd be super mad if I paid money for a bridge and had that happen. Par for the course when it comes to Cryptic's programming unfortunately.

captainhookers 01-21-2013 12:53 AM

The galaxy bridge is also horrible for that too... I also wish there was an option to choose where my bridge officers are... for example: my science officer should not be at the tactical station.. Did they do any research on this before building it and charging zen???

azurianstar 01-21-2013 01:08 AM

Better than when the Bridges were full of clones. ;)

dman1701ncc 01-21-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoge00f (Post 7569621)

Sadly this is yet another of those long standing issues or "bugs" that the powers that be have not seen fit to fix. The issue is well documented and is not limited to just the two bridge packs you encountered it in. After I purchased the Odyssey bridge pack, I discovered that not only could I not use the layout on any other ship I have in my inventory but it too had this bug that has been around since launch.

I'm a LFT since before the game launched. I paid for the other "bridge packs" and "interior" packs such as TOS and Defiant. Based upon my experience in game and these kinds of issues, I resolved some time ago to never purchase one again. If the powers that be can't see fit to make sure that these kinds of paid for items STILL suffer from such long standing issues, I'd be rather foolish to keep paying for them.

I'm not trying to bash the game here. Sure I've had issues with it, but since S7 I have actually started playing again and on the whole I am enjoying it. I'm guardedly optimistic that things are starting to look up. I say that with the qualifier that it is just ridiculous that this is STILL going on and they expect us to pay for it, while they still don't fix it. Like so many, I can understand that they need to get out "new" stuff in order to try to satisfy us the players, especially the long time ones who have stuck around (well after a long long long time away) that have come back. However, I'd rather see them just make the concentrated effort to "fix" this kind of stuff, before they move onto to the "new"! I recently started a new toon and I am not impressed that my away teams are STILL falling through planet floors and so many of the SAME bugs I encountered 3 years ago plus!:mad:

anazonda 01-21-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoge00f (Post 7569621)

Most of the bridgepacks have been out for 2+ years and the above reported several times.

Just to indicate the likelyhood of that happening

stark2k 01-21-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 7570211)
Better than when the Bridges were full of clones. ;)

To be honest I rather have the clones than the houdini BO that disappear through the floor and float on top of the consoles.

Funny thing, in the cutscene in the FE "Boldy we Rode," when Shon makes his BIG entrance, you can see one of his Bridge Crew standing on top of a Bridge console as he makes his lame speech.

There is an easy fix, just don't place actual BO's from our roster in those positions but replace them with generic ones wearing our uniforms. It's better than nothing.

mattjohnsonva 01-21-2013 02:00 AM

Go look at the master display in engineering for the Belfast (Defiant pack) it is mirrored. All the graphic panel displays are horribly blocky because Cryptic didn't think players would actually go right up to them and have a look. They don't have to be like this, on the Oddy bridge you can go right up to a panel and even read the daily programming schedule on some of them. Cryptic were advised about this and also the lack of any sound on the Belfast bridge, the only thing they fixed was the sound.

If you want to see a good bridge pack go look at the TOS Enterpise, it's a work of art and the sounds are spot on too, all the others suck in one respect or another, they initially look great but anything more than a cursory glance reveals lack of attention to detail in many many areas.

ats2040 01-21-2013 03:10 AM

For me the worst pack at launch remains the "Intrepid". Of course, it looks nothing like the Intrepid bridge anyone would expect for a start, but at launch it was an absolute mess of BOFFs hovering ten miles above seats, standing in the middle of consoles and the rest. It was impossible to ignore it was so horrific.

To be fair though, finally after (I think) months of complaints they did eventually do a run at the pack and fix the larger problems so its more usable these days, however I remain amazed to this day that it was ever released in that condition.

Its a pity things seem to have moved away from the bridges etc. Personally I'm one of those players that likes visiting my bridge, and I'd love to have a few new packs to choose from. I guess they never sold well enough.