Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Ship - Contact - Animations Gone? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=521051)

captainrevo1 01-21-2013 06:53 AM

Ship - Contact - Animations Gone?

Am I missing something or has the animations for ship contacts gone?

I know you can switch between contact and legacy contact but neither seem to provide animations for the contact now.

captainrevo1 01-21-2013 08:35 AM

And mobs too. I can find no space animations at all.

hippiejon 01-21-2013 08:37 AM

Space Animations have been borked for some time.

No word on whether or when they intend to get around to fixing them. At least so far as I have heard.

crypticfrost 01-22-2013 11:53 AM

This issue is on the list of bugs to be fixed, but I don't know when such might happen.

nagorak 01-24-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crypticfrost (Post 7589751)
This issue is on the list of bugs to be fixed, but I don't know when such might happen.

It might be worth noting that this is probably the #1 bug currently in the Foundry. I feel that most Foundry authors will agree with me that the lack of animations in space is a severe hindrance in a space based game. :(

crypticfrost 01-24-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagorak (Post 7617171)
It might be worth noting that this is probably the #1 bug currently in the Foundry. I feel that most Foundry authors will agree with me that the lack of animations in space is a severe hindrance in a space based game. :(

This issue is at the top of the list of Foundry bugs to be fixed. It has been assigned to a programmer and should be working its way through the queue. As usual, I'm just a lowly QA Tester and so can make no promises or predictions as to when a fix might arrive.

The wheel may turn slowly, but it is turning.

zeuxidemus001 01-24-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crypticfrost (Post 7625631)
This issue is at the top of the list of Foundry bugs to be fixed. It has been assigned to a programmer and should be working its way through the queue. As usual, I'm just a lowly QA Tester and so can make no promises or predictions as to when a fix might arrive.

You aren't lowly... You must be the Legend that is the Cryptic Hamster! LOL

direphoenix 01-24-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crypticfrost (Post 7625631)

/cue Journey

The wheel in QA keeps on turnin'
I don't know what will be fixed tomahh-AHH-ro-o-ohh...

/end Journey

nenfis 02-17-2013 04:30 AM

Good.

I tried putting an animation to a ship and still do not see options. Or am I the only one who does not work or has not looked anyone.

A greeting.

crypticfrost 02-18-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nenfis (Post 8128621)
Good.

I tried putting an animation to a ship and still do not see options. Or am I the only one who does not work or has not looked anyone.

A greeting.

A fix for this issue has not yet been found.