Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Accidental Lobi Purchase (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=521231)

wildweasel257 01-21-2013 09:39 AM

Accidental Lobi Purchase

Im sure this has happened to many. I simply and stupidly purchased the wrong ship with my Lobi. I have not unpacked it. Is there an in game way to correct this so I can purchase my correct ship. Both ships are 800 lobi. I simple wish to correct my mistake. Most games will allow you to resell the item back to the vendor for its original price as long as you didnt epuip or open.
I accidently purchased the temporal destroyer instead of the Tholian carrier. Is GM ticket only answer?
Thank you in advance for responses.

starkaos 01-21-2013 09:45 AM

Unfortunately, the only solution might be to sell the Destroyer on the exchange and use the proceeds to purchase the carrier.

bugspatteredjack 01-21-2013 09:50 AM

I do not believe that there is such an option. The system asks you confirm if you wish to make said purchase and once you click yes its pretty much done and dusted. Try the GM route but I wouldn't count on them allowing you to change. You can ask really nicely though and who knows?:rolleyes:

I suggest you try to do a direct swap with someone who already has an unopened ship like the one you want with your temporal destroyer. Alternatively you can sell your ship on the exchange (saw them go for as much as 65 to 85 mill) and than buy the ship you want off of the exchange when it becomes available!

Shame, I am just just under 380 lobi short of having enough to buy a temporal destroyer!! I would have bought you your Tholian carrier and we could have just made a swap at ESD. If the above options all fail PM me in game @bugspatteredjack in a week or two. I'll do this for you! :cool:

deyvad 01-21-2013 10:07 AM

You can try submitting a ticket, but don't hold your breath, you did confirm the purchase. Your mileage may vary, but they may be able to roll back your character, this would be the best option in your case. Don't be afraid to hold your ground when dealing with customer support, remember you are a paying customer, be ready to boycot the game until they help you, They need You (a paying customer), more than you need them!!

Selling it on the exchange is another option, but if you are a silver player, beware the 10,000,000 e.c. limit, you will loose the money over that limit.

Last option, find a player who is willing to trade the ship you want for the ship you bought.

Good luck.

tc10b 01-21-2013 10:38 AM

If you PM me in game, (@tc10b) I will swap a carrier for the destroyer. If you still want it that is.

EDIT: This trade has since taken place.

gulberat 01-21-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deyvad (Post 7574471)
Selling it on the exchange is another option, but if you are a silver player, beware the 10,000,000 e.c. limit, you will loose the money over that limit.

Assuming you haven't bought the ability to go over the limit from the C-store. I am a Silver player and did that, and it allowed me to gather enough EC to buy a Galor outright from the Exchange (about 85 mil at the time).

wildweasel257 01-21-2013 11:08 AM

Thank you all, especially Ryvi@tc10b for the trade and solving my huge problem. Very nice of you, thank you again!

tc10b 01-21-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildweasel257 (Post 7575261)
Thank you all, especially Ryvi@tc10b for the trade and solving my huge problem. Very nice of you, thank you again!

Glad to be of assistance! :)