Info Dump: Dominion Duty Officers
In the interest of heading off any speculation or misinformation regarding the Dominion Duty Officers that may crop up once they become available in-game via the Dominion Lock Box, we figured that we'd go ahead and give out the complete information and stats on these unique officers.
Here's a thorough explanation of all of their names, species, traits, and specializations. We'll also detail out their new Duty Officer Active Roster Powers, what effect they can have on combat, how they can be countered in PvP, and even a few tips on potential tactics.
Adak'Ukan - Jem'Hadar
Resilient, Resolve, Shroud, Teamwork
Security - Space - "Delta Taunt"
100% (double) Increased Threat Generation for the target of your Attack Pattern Delta. The bonus from multiple copies of this officer is capable of stacking to generate even more extra Threat.
* Since AP: Delta debuffs any enemy that hits the target affected by it, this Doff increases the likelihood that enemies will turn their fire upon that target.
* AP: Delta can be used on yourself or your allies, so this buff can also be used to increase the Threat generation of a teammate.
* Since Doffs obtained from a Lock Box are not unique, it's possible to obtain many copies of this officer. The equip limit on Security Officers is 3, so the maximum benefit you can gain from this is 300% Threat Generation.
* In PvP, the Threat generated by a player only matters vs. Carrier Pets. And even then, only if their owner does not have any Carrier Command toggles active.
Egul'Clan - Jem'Hadar
Efficient, Resolve, Shroud, Teamwork
Diagnostic Engineer - Ground - "Perfect Shielding"
Whenever you activate Shield Recharge, you have a small chance of rendering the recipient nearly immune to all shield damage for several seconds.
* For this officer, it is a 20% chance and the buff lasts 6 seconds.
* This ability sets your Shield Resistance to 99%, but Bleedthrough calculations are not affected.
* This means that incoming damage will still apply a small amount of hitpoint damage, but your shields will remain active longer.
* Your Bridge Officers will also be able to make use of this effect, if using Shield Recharge.
* Enemy abilities that damage shields directly (like Tachyon Harmonic) will still function normally - the affected shield will not have extra resistance to this type of drain.
* In PvP, an enemy that has this buff will appear to have a bubble around them. You can use shield drain or shield penetration abilities to overcome the buff.
Etak'Kas - Jem'Hadar
Honorable, Resolve, Shroud, Teamwork
Transporter Engineer - Ground - "Defensive Triage"
Creating a Medical Generator has a chance of also creating a Shield Generator, and vice versa.
* For this officer, it is a 40% chance.
* This power is fairly self-explanatory, but unique in that it amplifies two different powers with a single officer: Shield Generator and Medical Generator.
* Having this active can allow you to more quickly assemble defensive arrangements.
* It will also function with Bridge Officer fabrications.
* There is no real counter to this, other than destroying the generator that is created.
Seggis - Vorta
Peaceful, Resolve, Tactful, Telekinesis
Biologist - Space - "Scrambled Readiness"
Causes your Scramble Sensors ability to also debuff the recharge timers on any affected targets.
* For this officer, it is a -50% debuff that lasts 10 seconds. It will always occur as long as the Duty Officer is on your active roster.
* All targets affected by your Scramble Sensors will be afflicted with this debuff.
* It has a short duration, effectively only "disabling" powers that have recently been used, since powers that are activated while under this effect will have their standard recharge timers reset by the debuff expiring, long before the cooldown would have ran out.
* A 50% debuff to recharge speeds means that a power that would normally cool down in 60 seconds will require 90 seconds instead. However, since the debuff only lasts 10 sec, this only really has a noticeable effect on powers that have <10 seconds remaining on their recharge cycle. Anything else will have its recharge period restored to normal when the debuff expires.
* In PvP, Science Team will cleanse both this effect, and the standard effects of Scramble Sensors.
Uras'Kalan - Jem'Hadar
Aggressive, Resilient, Resolve, Shroud
Assault Squad Officer - Space - "Armed Boarders"
Each Boarding Party shuttle launched from your ship has a chance to come equipped with a Point Defense Turret that will fire upon the nearest enemy target.
* For this officer, it is a 40% chance. This is determined on a per Shuttle basis, not "all or nothing" at the time of power activation.
* The Point Defense Turret is roughly half as effective as those seen on player-launched Bio-Neural Warheads, and will always fire upon the nearest enemy (including mines, targetable torpedoes, carrier pets and enemy boarding parties).
* The counter to this remains the same as any Boarding Party while it is en route to its intended target - destroy the enhanced shuttle(s). They are fairly weak, and highly susceptible to AoE attacks such as Photonic Shockwave and Tractor Beam Repulsors.
FED: Malkadt - Karemma
Cunning, Resolve, Tactful, Teamwork
KDF: Drannfa - Wadi
Congenial, Logical, Resolve, Tactful
Advisor - Ground - "Overconfidence"
Activating Overwatch will also remove all active Debuffs from you. Higher rank versions will also cleanse debuffs from some of your nearby teammates.
* For this officer, all debuffs are cleansed from yourself and up to 3 nearby teammates.
* This cannot cleanse "Assimilation" if your teammate has already become a Borg Drone. (Use the Omega T5 Reputation Power for that instead)
* In order for the cleansing effect to work on teammates, they must be close enough to benefit from the effects of your Overwatch ability. The cleanse effect only activates once, at the time of activation, and does not continue to pulse over the duration of Overwatch.
* Bridge Officers can make use of this enhancement, potentially cleansing debuffs from you if you remain near them in combat.
* This enhancement does not change the functionality of Overwatch. It still cannot be activated while Held, Stunned or Disabled. You will need to find an alternative method to cleanse these control effects.
* In PvP, this is a counter in itself. Your only option if your debuffs are removed from an enemy using this ability, is to reapply them. If you are fighting an enemy that makes frequent use of this ability, try baiting them with a less-favorable debuff (such as Fuse Armor) before applying a more powerful effect (such as Weapons Malfunction).
FED: Tucoura - Paradan
Efficient, Logical, Resolve, Unscrupulous
KDF: Lariigon - Dosi
Cunning, Emotional, Resolve, Unscrupulous
Research Lab Scientist - Ground - "Neural Spike"
When using Neutral Neutralizer, this officer gives you a chance to Confuse any enemy under its affects for several seconds.
* For this officer, it is a 50% chance per target affected, and lasts 6 seconds.
* Neural Neutralizer will remove affected enemies' abilities to target you. Adding a Confuse effect to the power may cause them to target their allies instead of yours.
* In PvP, this is categorized as a "Mental" debuff and can therefore be cleansed by using Melorazine.
* Willpower skill and Traits such as "Mental Discipline" and "Logical" will all reduce the duration of the debuff.
Each Dominion Duty Officer itempack will reward a single one of the above officers, and can only be obtained by opening a Dominion Lock Box using a Master Key.
This...this is awesome.
Thanks J-man, really. :)
Guess I gotta remove it from my sig...:D
Well, huh, nice of you.
First, I have to ask, have you played with these powers or are you just going by code? Theory crafting can fall short of real world play.
Second, a buff to boarding party, the least used power in the game probably? Maybe I'll pick up a few of these cheap (since I know they will be) to play around with. Why not make it 100 percent chance. With three shuttles, this would become 1.5 times the damage of a PDS on the warhead, and way more fragile. I mean why not?
Also, what damage type is the PDS? Does it change between FED and KDF or is it some neutral type?
(Not sure why people would do it, but it seems almost inevitable that if players can grief their own teammates, they will do so almost as often as they would their opponents)
The PDS is Disruptor on Klingon boarding party shuttles, and Phaser on Federation boarding party shuttles.
Ok, I have some questions about these. Are the characters themselves from the lock box? as opposed to in some sort of duty officer cadre?
What I mean is, if I open a lock box, will I get a "rare Dominion Duty Officer Cadre" or will I get "Etak'kas Duty Officer"?
If the later are they bound to the character that opens the lockbox, or can they be moved/traded?
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 PM.|