Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   STO Featured in Star Trek Magazine (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=523411)

pwebranflakes 01-23-2013 12:00 PM

STO Featured in Star Trek Magazine

In the latest issue of Star Trek: The Official Magazine, STO is spotlighted. Head to your local magazine retailer, or purchase the electronic version, to check out the nine-page spread which features an original piece of Trek fiction and a behind-the-scenes look at creating New Romulus.

Link to the issue info page.

castsbugc 01-23-2013 12:04 PM

So, I have asked this elsewhen, but is there any chance that we can get some form of in game access to the stories that Christine(and Jesse) is/are writing in game somehow? Be it as a 'Starfleet Intelligence Update' that we can read in our ready rooms or some other mechanism. I would even be amenable if there was a CP cost to accessing it of 100 or 200 CP per 'issue.' I am sure I am not the only person who has issues finding a retailer that carries copies of the Star Trek magazine with any frequency or quantity.

themarie 01-23-2013 12:15 PM

Too bad there isn't a incentive to buy this... like a code for 500 Lobi or a stack of Master Keys or other in-game goody. Heck even a free rare purple something or other for new players. Reading this article is all well and good, but a free item code or promotion would bring folks in-game.

Neverwinter hasn't released yet and they are enticing people with codes... Why not STO?

Then again the reversing romulan plasma torpedo issue in the romulan-arc missions has NOT been fixed yet... STO's lack of vision beyond lockbox-mania disturbs and saddens me.

felderburg 01-23-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castsbugc (Post 7606241)
So, I have asked this elsewhen, but is there any chance that we can get some form of in game access to the stories that Christine(and Jesse) is/are writing in game somehow?

I agree! The people that these stories are most relevant to (STO players) don't get a chance to read them.

mkilczewski 01-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 7606181)
In the latest issue of Star Trek: The Official Magazine, STO is spotlighted. Head to your local magazine retailer, or purchase the electronic version, to check out the nine-page spread which features an original piece of Trek fiction and a behind-the-scenes look at creating New Romulus.

I'll pass, thanks anyway.

usscapital 01-23-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 7606181)

well they have to have some content in the mag seeing as it is nearly dead trek wise so why not put STO in ? , i will pass thx from what i have seen

robeasom 01-23-2013 11:14 PM

I'm a subscriber to this magazine and quite frankly the articles of STO are not that good when my subscription ends in three months time I won't be renewing the magazine as there is next to nothing about the new movie and quite frankly its a waste of money so would advise no bidy to get it at this point

lolimpicard 01-24-2013 05:39 AM

Judging by that site the future of Star Trek looks grim.

collegepark2151 01-24-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robeasom (Post 7615331)
I'm a subscriber to this magazine and quite frankly the articles of STO are not that good when my subscription ends in three months time I won't be renewing the magazine as there is next to nothing about the new movie and quite frankly its a waste of money so would advise no bidy to get it at this point

They interviewed the janitor who worked on the set of DS9 again?