Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   We need a way for dil to circulate STO (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=523511)

brokenmirror2012 01-23-2013 02:01 PM

We need a way for dil to circulate STO

So heres whats happening.

You have 1 person who only gridns dil, and doesn't donate to a fleet.
You have 1 person who grinds dil and donates it all to the fleet.

The 1 person who donates everything is broke.
The person who donates none has about 2mil dil.
Cryptic u wanna sink these guys with 2 mil Dil because they will only use it when the dil Xchange plummets.

So what I think is that we need a Dil Item Exchange.

Let me post my items on the Dil Exchange for dil, so that will help dil circulate from ppl with Millions, to ppl with none. That will help your dil sink, Money will change hands to ppl who spend it.

dracounguis 01-23-2013 02:07 PM

Another way to see it.
One who donates alot and gets access to the fleet goodies.
One who donates nothing and gets no fleet goodies.
Hopefully, you are not just letting the hoarder wait till tier ? opens so he can buy the ship he wants? Our fleet has a donation limit to be reached before you can buy the fleet ships and other stuff.

If you mean solo players with a stack of Dil who are not spending it... it's none of your business what they do with it.

cptvanor 01-23-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 (Post 7607951)
So heres whats happening.

First, Umm no, that's not what's happening.

Most people are spending their Dil to buy zen right now. Those people are also doing things like buying items with it, and spending it on Fleet and Rep projects.

Second, if people want to sit on 2 million Dil when they could of gotten over 22k Zen for that... Well that's their decision. Clearly if they're not going to spend it then, they're unlikely to spend it ever.

Lastly, why would people buy items with Dil when they can buy them for EC?

brokenmirror2012 01-23-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptvanor (Post 7608081)
First, Umm no, that's not what's happening.

Most people are spending their Dil to buy zen right now. Those people are also doing things like buying items with it, and spending it on Fleet and Rep projects.

Second, if people want to sit on 2 million Dil when they could of gotten over 22k Zen for that... Well that's their decision. Clearly if they're not going to spend it then, they're unlikely to spend it ever.

Lastly, why would people buy items with Dil when they can buy them for EC?

They are buying Zen now. When the price goes up to like 300 dil/zen they are gonna resell and now have 10 mil Dil.

They sit on those ammounts of dil, they donate just enough to get fleet goodies, then they stop. (and anyone who sits on that much dil usualy has some really massive ammounts of EC too)

evendzhar 01-23-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Let me post my items on the Dil Exchange for dil, so that will help dil circulate from ppl with Millions, to ppl with none.

You just want a way to trade your items for dilithium. That's fine, but don't make up silly reasons to explain why it would be good for the ingame economy or PWE's bank account.

corgatag 01-23-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

You have 1 person who only gridns dil, and doesn't donate to a fleet.
You have 1 person who grinds dil and donates it all to the fleet.

I think the best solution is this:
- Quadruple the number of Fleet Credits you get for donating dilithium.
- Donating expertise should not award any Fleet Credits.

- DOFF awards are fine as is (so much damn clicking)
- EC awards are also fine (EC is quite useful, and also a lot of clicking)
- FM awards are also fine (so much grind)

cptvanor 01-23-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 (Post 7608141)
They are buying Zen now. When the price goes up to like 300 dil/zen they are gonna resell and now have 10 mil Dil.

So?

You say this as if it's something wrong, and needs to be fixed. If people grind to earn Dil, then buy Zen with it. That's their call. If the price of Zen goes back up again and they buy Dil with that, then that's also up to them.

They haven't harmed anyone, they haven't done anything that breaks any rules, ToS or law...

So why should you care what they do?

If they aren't contriubiting to fleet projects then that's up to their fleet to sort out, but unless it's fleet members of yours, it again doesn't effect you.

robdmc 01-23-2013 02:20 PM

You know what is really happening right. The person who donates nothing is being paid zen buy the guy who donates everything because the guy who donates everything whats a pretty starbase and the guy who is donating nothing wants the zen to make his account comfy.

What a lot of people are doing is using zen to meet the starbase quota and they are buying it from the one who contribute nothing. In reality they are being enabled by this exchange. If there were no dilithium exchange they would probably be donating.

Im pretty sure the non-contributors are not sitting on millions of dilithium.

brokenmirror2012 01-23-2013 02:22 PM

No its cryptics problem when they try to add things and all the dil is owned by 1 group. Atleast allow that dil to circulate, or the whoel EC thing happens again.

X has 7 bil EC
Y has 300k EC

And we all know if I don't give a reason itle help cryptics pocket, It doesn't get added to STO.

anazonda 01-23-2013 02:26 PM

I have a... decent amout of dil...

I am the #1 major contributor in my fleet, both on starbase and embassy...

I am still the one with the most... decent amount of Dil, EC and other resources in my fleet.

I don't grind.

Your argument is void.