Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   You guys broke the Romulan Boffs...again (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=524671)

stirling191 01-24-2013 11:08 AM

You guys broke the Romulan Boffs...again

Multiples carrying the same level of Covert Operative (IE: Covert Operative or Superior Covert Operative) don't stack anymore. You can still stack different levels.

To Wit:

2x Superior Covert Operative boffs will yield the same crit bonus of 1 Superior Covert Operative boff.

shookyang 01-24-2013 11:38 AM

But a Basic Covert Operative and Superior Covert Operative can stack?

stirling191 01-24-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookyang (Post 7627441)

As far as I can tell.

eisenw0lf 01-24-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookyang (Post 7627441)

I don't think so.

My green Romulan Covert Operatives stopped stacking, too. However I'm unsure about the Subterfuge BOffs, my cloak cooldown starts now at 18 seconds (was 17 before the patch with 2 Subterfuge BOffs) but the damage bonus after decloaking seems to be a tiny bit higher :confused:

A dev mentioned on the tribble forums that a nerf was inbound for the quite ridiculous crit bonus, but they haven't decided yet what to do. Maybe this is a temporary solution until they make a decision, because honestly this crit bonus was just too overpowered.

stirling191 01-24-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenw0lf (Post 7627631)
I don't think so.

Green = Covert Operative
Blue = Superior Covert Operative

Crit Percentages -------- Boff Loadout

15.2 ------- 1 Green, 2 Blue
12.7 ------- 2 Blue
15.2 ------- 1 Green 1 Blue
12.7 ------- 1 Blue
8.9 ------ Zero Boffs

Granted it's a small N, but the results seem fairly conclusive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenw0lf (Post 7627631)
A dev mentioned on the tribble forums that a nerf was inbound for the quite ridiculous crit bonus, but they haven't decided yet what to do. Maybe this is a temporary solution until they make a decision, because honestly this crit bonus was just too overpowered.

That's an argument I'm not really going to get into. My feeling is that somebody was rushing to put the cooldown bug fix in and screwed up something on the backend of these boffs.

dontdrunkimshoot 01-24-2013 12:16 PM

i hope this is intentional. these boffs should not even exist

mkilczewski 01-24-2013 12:28 PM

Oh-oh... Err... Yeeeeah... They're supposed to do that. Right, they're working as intended. No worries here.

eisenw0lf 01-24-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 7628021)
i hope this is intentional. these boffs should not even exist

You know, some people just like to have a Romulan bridge crew for their Romulan character. It's not all about PvP in this game :rolleyes:

l0cutus359 01-24-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenw0lf (Post 7628261)
You know, some people just like to have a Romulan bridge crew for their Romulan character. It's not all about PvP in this game :rolleyes:

Right, if people are going to start fussing about the Boffs...then you might as well nerf all the over powered consoles that have been released in the last year

<sigh>

corgatag 01-24-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenw0lf (Post 7628261)

And you will still have a nice edge over the next RPer with an all Orion bridge crew. :)