Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Why couldent PWE sell the Jem?Hadar Dreadnought Carrier (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=525441)

tcbys1 01-25-2013 12:54 AM

Why couldent PWE sell the Jem?Hadar Dreadnought Carrier

On the C-store for 30 bucks or so. I wanna get it but I dont wanna spend all that money to get Lobi crystals to get the damn thing.

dalnar83 01-25-2013 12:58 AM

Because they make more money in lottery.

mimey2 01-25-2013 01:01 AM

Pretty much the reason they've given us since the JHAS originally came out:

CBS (apparently) doesn't want non-Fed/KDF ships that much in circulation.

Which was tossed out the window even back with the Tholian lockbox, and it finally hit the ground with the Chel Grett.

In other words, it's not really that believable anymore, due to the sheer number of these ships about anyways.

Besides, people are willing to pay heaps of money anyways for these, and Cryptic has a good thing going on, it ain't changing anytime soon, if ever.

tcbys1 01-25-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimey2 (Post 7637511)
Pretty much the reason they've given us since the JHAS originally came out:

CBS (apparently) doesn't want non-Fed/KDF ships that much in circulation.

Which was tossed out the window even back with the Tholian lockbox, and it finally hit the ground with the Chel Grett.

In other words, it's not really that believable anymore, due to the sheer number of these ships about anyways.

Besides, people are willing to pay heaps of money anyways for these, and Cryptic has a good thing going on, it ain't changing anytime soon, if ever.

I'd pay 30 or bucks to get that Jem Hadar ship.

Would be nice if they put the ships in the C-Store 6 months after the lockbox ends.

sophlogimo 01-25-2013 01:03 AM

It is obviously both. And frankly, I see more faction ships in the queues and in sector space than non-faction ships, so it even works for CBS. And it also works for everyone of us, because, I mean, they now have 50 developers. Fifty! I am really looking forward to all the interesting stuff they will produce. ^^

dalnar83 01-25-2013 01:06 AM

I would pay 30 bucks, with TNG era ships with lockbox stats. And I'm pretty sure a lot of players would as well. Instead we get alien design. Well good for me, I save 30 bucks.

If Cryptic was smart enough, they would sell skins and layouts separate. That would make them tons of money.

notapwefan 01-25-2013 01:09 AM

for money of course, which is needed to develop all that shiny stuff (albeit with bugs) you ask for, pay salaries, pay for server hardware and electricity, and finally pay profits to investors who really don't care how money comes as long as it is coming steady.

walshicus 01-25-2013 01:25 AM

Just buy it for the 80m or so it sells for on the Exchange. 80m is easy money.

csgtmyork 01-25-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walshicus (Post 7637701)
just Buy It For The 80m Or So It Sells For On The Exchange. 80m Is Easy Money.

How?!?!?!? >:(

thutmosis85 01-25-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csgtmyork (Post 7637721)
How?!?!?!? >:(

Laziest way might be buying Keys and selling them on the exchange ... (you might be able to get the ship for ~40 bucks this way, if you sell them when Key prices are up, and wait till Ship prices are down)

.... or by selling Contraband, Strange Alien Artifacts, MkXII Stuff etc ....