Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Spotlight on the Foundry - 1/25/2013 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=525981)

pwebranflakes 01-25-2013 01:00 PM

Spotlight on the Foundry - 1/25/2013

This week's spotlighted mission is "Spectres, Episode Six" by HippieJohn. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

This mission was also the winning mission from Foundry Challenge #5!

Click here to read more.

drkfrontiers 01-25-2013 01:20 PM

Congratulations and thank you for your continued contributions to the community!

kirksplat 01-25-2013 01:25 PM

Congrats, Hippie!

BF, any word on rewards? It seems like it has been two months since they were on and off tribble. That's some bug.

pwebranflakes 01-25-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 7646351)
Congrats, Hippie!

BF, any word on rewards? It seems like it has been two months since they were on and off tribble. That's some bug.

We're still working to resolve the issues with them and hope to have them out as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

betawatcher 01-25-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 7646651)
We're still working to resolve the issues with them and hope to have them out as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What exactly is the problem? Maybe your community could offer some helpful ideas for fixes :)

zorbane 01-25-2013 02:18 PM

Grats hippie!

themarie 01-25-2013 02:41 PM

5 out of 5 stars, 50 dilith, that's all I had. ;)

1) Very good story. Nice closure to the Featured Episode arc.

2) Fantastic use of the TOS set-pieces.

3) Mini-Accolade system = great.

4) Grammar was a bit rough in spots, and I spotted some typos. If they let you open it up again and edit, shoot me a private message here I'll help you fix it up.

Will play it again, for sure. Nice, simple and a decent story to boot.

Keep up the good work!

bitemepwe 01-25-2013 03:19 PM

Righteous, man. Righteous. I look forward to checking it out.

kagasensei 01-26-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betawatcher (Post 7646711)
What exactly is the problem? Maybe your community could offer some helpful ideas for fixes :)

If you add extra rewards for playing spotlighted foundry missions, you should also try to tackle the issue of grind/farm missions flooding the list of community authored missions. It's getting out of hand, where there is one "proper" foundry mission, there are at least 15 "fake" ones. Perhaps decreasing the rewards from "Investigate Officer Reports" when playing non-spotlighted missions or adding a simple vote system where players can ascribe a mission to be either a story or a grind quest could help to aleviate this problem.

It's not that excessive, long grind missions shouldn't give any rewards or qualify for the Inv. Off. Rep., but I simply want two different lists. I don't want to have a list cluttered with this stupid kill mission when I am actually searching for "real" foundry missions.

I'm dreaming again. I know Cryptic has been talking about such a feature for over a year now. The only thing delivered on time are lock boxes.

captainrevo1 01-27-2013 02:02 AM

Cracking mission, very clever and well written.