Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Okay Cryptic, the Dread's turn rate demands that Fed cruiser turn rates be boosted. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=526211)

fulleatherjacket 01-25-2013 04:52 PM

Okay Cryptic, the Dread's turn rate demands that Fed cruiser turn rates be boosted.
 
The Jem'Hadar Dreadnought flies and turns like an Exploration cruiser despite being wayyyyy bigger than "twice the size". The Dreadnought is nimble as hell for a carrier class ship.

All Fed cruisers need a turn rate boost of 1. No exceptions.

It should look like this:

Cruiser: 10
Advanced Heavy Cruiser: 9
Heavy Cruiser: 9
Star Cruiser: 8
Assault Cruiser: 8
Exploration Cruiser: 7


There is no reason not to do this when a frigging DREADNOUGHT that's practically the same size as an Imperial Star Destroyer can haul its ass around like a Galaxy class cruiser.

centersolace 01-25-2013 05:07 PM

I noticed that. I'm beginning to wonder if the entire Cryptic staff hates cruiser captains. :(

diogene0 01-25-2013 05:12 PM

It's a game and sometimes realism is a secondary concern. Playability is far more important. If you want some RP justification no one ever said that the dominion didn't have better impulse engines.

stirling191 01-25-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diogene0 (Post 7649011)
It's a game and sometimes realism is a secondary concern. Playability is far more important.

That's not really making an argument against increasing Fed cruiser turn rates you know.

fulleatherjacket 01-25-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diogene0 (Post 7649011)
It's a game and sometimes realism is a secondary concern. Playability is far more important. If you want some RP justification no one ever said that the dominion didn't have better impulse engines.

This is one of the more fatuous responses I've seen on this forum. Realism isn't the issue, playability is. Most Fed cruisers have the agility of a paralysed manatee. I'm not asking for everyone else's playability to be ruined here, I'm asking for +1 turn rate.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto

atatassault 01-25-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stirling191 (Post 7649071)
That's not really making an argument against increasing Fed cruiser turn rates you know.

He's not arguing against your point of Fed Cruisers need to be nimbler; He's arguing against the notion the Dreadnaught turns too fast.

fulleatherjacket 01-25-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atatassault (Post 7649141)
He's not arguing against your point of Fed Cruisers need to be nimbler; He's arguing against the notion the Dreadnaught turns too fast.

I think the dreadnought's turn rate is perfect. But I also think all ships that are obviously smaller and lighter than the dreadnought should TURN FASTER.

atatassault 01-25-2013 05:21 PM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto

latinumbar 01-25-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket (Post 7649131)
This is one of the more fatuous responses I've seen on this forum. Realism isn't the issue, playability is. Most Fed cruisers have the agility of a paralysed manatee. I'm not asking for everyone else's playability to be ruined here, I'm asking for +1 turn rate.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto

By your argument then, ALL other ships should have their turn rates increased, not just cruisers.

fulleatherjacket 01-25-2013 05:25 PM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 PM.