Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Boot Camp (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=351)
-   -   How do you feel the 2nd Boot Camp went? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=527631)

mimey2 01-26-2013 11:38 PM

How do you feel the 2nd Boot Camp went?
 
So, with the 2nd one out of the way, how do you all feel it went? Better, worse, same? What things did we generally improve on, and what might want to remember for next time?

hurleybird 01-27-2013 11:11 AM

Next time, we need to sort by ship type, not captain type. Students spent half the time listening to instruction that didn't pertain to them, and we created a lot of unnecessary work for ourselves.

bugspatteredjack 01-27-2013 11:43 AM

Personally I thought it was grand the way it was. It was informative as always and the information I obtained was applicable really to all career types, including Doff choices in particular, how to stack them, etc...

Because of the enormity of choice really I don't think we can really break it down to ship choice. Even ships within the same family just have such different Boff layouts that maxmising them inevitably falls on the player to do more leg work to figure out what is best for him or her.

Research, STO planner, Hilbert Guides, testing, experimenting, and a ridiculous amount of hours shifting through posts in general will help with what we learn during a simple two or three hour Boot Camp session.

Looking forward to the third installment now!!

sonulinu2 01-27-2013 11:43 AM

Great improvement over the first bootcamp. The first one was too basic and we had more than enough time to cover the intended subject. In this second one we needed every minute as there was good meaty discussions. Very much benefited from the review of the skill tree, thanks!

I attended both sessions, CET as Tac/scort and EST as engi/cruiser. It was interesting to see the differences in opinions but for the most part both covered the subjects extensively and in a somewhat similar fashion unlike the first one.

I will definitely sign up for the third space one. Great job ppl and tyvm for putting in all this hard work. :D

naz4 01-27-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurleybird (Post 7668701)
Next time, we need to sort by ship type, not captain type. Students spent half the time listening to instruction that didn't pertain to them, and we created a lot of unnecessary work for ourselves.

Agreed - I spent 10 mins on captain power abilities but took me 3 hours to go through ship types. If it wouldn't have been for the third person helping, I might still be doing the bootcamp coaching now ;)

naz4 01-27-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonulinu2 (Post 7669101)
Great improvement over the first bootcamp. The first one was too basic and we had more than enough time to cover the intended subject. In this second one we needed every minute as there was good meaty discussions. Very much benefited from the review of the skill tree, thanks!

I attended both sessions, CET as Tac/scort and EST as engi/cruiser. It was interesting to see the differences in opinions but for the most part both covered the subjects extensively and in a somewhat similar fashion unlike the first one.

I will definitely sign up for the third space one. Great job ppl and tyvm for putting in all this hard work. :D

Thanks for the feedback - sorry if it seemed like I took a lot of time on each part of the curriculum - just too much info to part with.

devorasx 01-27-2013 02:02 PM

I liked this session and we had fun, or atleast i had, but to respond to the critics. Session 2 was better suited to sort by captains with consideration to what we were suppose to teach the students. Next lesson which is coming up, it would be more prudent to divide students by shiptype due to what were are going to teach them.

My 2 EC.

webdeath 01-27-2013 03:54 PM

Wish I could participate in the Bootcamp as a student some days, but Weekends are impossible. Glad to see it's going well. :)

mattack13 01-27-2013 05:14 PM

I enjoyed the 2nd session, a lot of the information was stuff I already knew, but, as in the first session, there were some eye opening moments when I became aware of something new.

My biggest problem about yesterday was the start time (I participated in the CET session). I logged in just after 1:30 EST (7:30 CET), and it was at least an hour before my class got started.

gradstudent1 01-27-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattack13 (Post 7672991)
I enjoyed the 2nd session, a lot of the information was stuff I already knew, but, as in the first session, there were some eye opening moments when I became aware of something new.

My biggest problem about yesterday was the start time (I participated in the CET session). I logged in just after 1:30 EST (7:30 CET), and it was at least an hour before my class got started.

Mattack13: You are correct. We started later than we would have hoped. This was due, in part, to a shortage of help in the area of registration. This is my fault for not gathering enough people beforehand to help out with the registration process, not the fault of the coaches.I will do my best to make sure we don't encounter this problem again. Thanks.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 PM.