Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Regarding Bird of Prey for PvP (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=530271)

kronplah78 01-28-2013 10:56 PM

Regarding Bird of Prey for PvP

Hello STO community,

I have a lvl 50 Tact KDF Captain. My KDF toon has a B'Rel BoP (refit lvl 50), and I wanted to get some ideas from you guys on what would be an ideal setup for my ship for PvP. I've seen people use BoP's in PvP before for Hit 'n Run/Guerilla style tactics, harrassment, and debuffing.

Any doff loadout, weapons, boff skills ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

-------------------------

I edited this based on myself apparently being "vague". I did put down 'any ideas', being vague would of been if I wanted to be specific and then not put a specific config on this post. But for arguement sake here is an idea of mine (what i current have), give me constructive criticism based on that and any OTHER ideas I would appreciate:

<Weapons>

FORE: Quad Disruptors/2 x Dual Disruptor Cannons/Quantum Torpedo
AFT: Disruptor Turret/Harg'peng Torpedo

<BOFFS>

Comm: Tact Team 1/Cannon Rapid Fire 1/Torp High Yield 3/Attack Pattern Omega 3
Liut Comm: Hazard Emiiters 1/Tachyon Beam 2/Transfer Sheild Strength 3
Liut: Eng Team 1/Reverse Shield Polarity
Liut: Jam Sensors 1/Sci Team 2

Thanks Again!

p2wsucks 01-28-2013 11:32 PM

Really your question is too vague. It has universal Boffs after all. Yes you should be prepared to hit and run w/it. This means you should have an Eng Batt and Evasives ready @ the least. After that it comes down to playstyle w/a ship as flexible as the B'rel.

mimey2 01-29-2013 01:10 AM

Agreed with the above poster. It is pretty vague. I have a B'rel myself, but I'd just like to know what you would like to do, your captain's class, etc.

snoge00f 01-29-2013 02:42 AM

Uhm, he said 'any' ideas would be appreciated. So post your builds. :P

shookyang 01-29-2013 09:47 AM

Fore: Quantum, Bio-Neural Warhea, Breen Cluster Torpedo, Hargh'Peng
Aft: Chroniton, Plasma (will change to Omega once I get there)

BOFF (off the top of my head):
Commander: TT1, THY2, THY3, APO3
Lt. Commander: Jam Sensors1, HE2, Tachyon Beam3
Lt.: TT1, TS2
Lt.: Engineering Team1, Aux2SIF1

Consoles:
Eng: Neutronium Alloy x2, Rule 62
Sci: Flow Capcitor, Aceton Assimilator, Assimilated Module
Tac: Warhead Yield Chamber x3

shimmerless 01-29-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookyang (Post 7720881)
Fore: Quantum, Bio-Neural Warhea, Breen Cluster Torpedo, Hargh'Peng
Aft: Chroniton, Plasma (will change to Omega once I get there)

BOFF (off the top of my head):
Commander: TT1, THY2, THY3, APO3
Lt. Commander: Jam Sensors1, HE2, Tachyon Beam3
Lt.: TT1, TS2
Lt.: Engineering Team1, Aux2SIF1

Consoles:
Eng: Neutronium Alloy x2, Rule 62
Sci: Flow Capcitor, Aceton Assimilator, Assimilated Module
Tac: Warhead Yield Chamber x3

There's something interesting here but you have a lot of questionable choices...

Main thing is, what's your focus? For example you're running the tranny cluster but you have Tach Beam 3. And Tach Beam 3 is a skill you're sacrificing a high slot for, but you only have one Flow console.

In a B'rel you can afford to be a bit spammy but you're still going to get better results by focusing on one or two things and maxing them out.

shookyang 01-29-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmerless (Post 7722381)
There's something interesting here but you have a lot of questionable choices...

Main thing is, what's your focus? For example you're running the tranny cluster but you have Tach Beam 3. And Tach Beam 3 is a skill you're sacrificing a high slot for, but you only have one Flow console.

In a B'rel you can afford to be a bit spammy but you're still going to get better results by focusing on one or two things and maxing them out.

It does really well, actually. Though, I can't say why. In the PvP queues and Elite STFs, I've put out some of the top damage in the game (scoreboard and parsed logs).

Rule 62 also gives +17 Flow Capacitor, along with the 11% boost in torpedo damage. Forgot to mention that I run the KHG Shield and Deflector and run the Aegis Engine.

I can drain, about 420+ per pulse, or 4,200 total if I get all 4 seconds of ability on my target. Honestly, I tried a lot of the Commander level Sci skills and have been largely unimpressed. Flow Capacitors cost the least amount of skill points, so I knew I wanted a drain skill. Also, I had hoped the Aceton Assimilator drain would be nice, but the drain on the Assimilators doesn't work well (it can be resisted 100% against someone with 6 points in Power Insulators).

You'll notice that, of all my fore weapons, only Quantums can be affected by Torpedo buff abilities. This is intentional. I only want the Quantums to do the shield stripping. The Bio-Neural is for taking the rest of the shield down with it's turret before, hopefully, hitting the hull of my target and cause massive damage. The cluster torpedo and hargh'peng are there for direct hull damage (even better if it makes it through the shields) and meant as a finish off someone who manages to get a sliver of shields back up.

EDIT: I should also mention my fleet mate also has a B'rel build, and uses transphasic torpedoes (actually, he's planning on not using them anymore as he says it takes too much work to get good damage with it). He's baffled by how much damage I can put out.