Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Romulan faction! Wheeeee! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=532301)

devorasx 01-30-2013 10:56 AM

Romulan faction! Wheeeee!

In MAY!

IF this is legit, what do you guys reckon will be specials for each ship, and what shiptypes do you reckon they will release?

Frankly i hope all romulan ships gets battle cloaks and a way more efficent cloak then klinks. And most of all i WANT that shield inversion beam on the D`deridex warbird.

virusdancer 01-30-2013 11:04 AM

It doesn't state that it's a Romulan faction. :)

It could be a continuation of the Romulan/Reman storyline - given that S8's supposed to be a major story - new adventure zone - invasions - etc, etc, etc...

...it could just be the Tal Shiar backed by the Iconians going to war with New Romulus as well as the KDF/Feds for supporting them.

That being said, the Romulan cloaks should be superior to the KDF cloaks (unfortunately). This may simply be a case of more ships having BCs or EBCs rather than regular cloaks.

You'd be looking at a combination of potential Romulan, Reman, and Hirogen... and...

There's just not enough there. Honestly, just not enough there.

It would have to be a major expansion adding all sorts of things even to get it anywhere near what the KDF have much less the Feds...

devorasx 01-30-2013 11:06 AM

*Jumps up and down and spinning in joy*

p2wsucks 01-30-2013 11:07 AM

My guess is Sci Cloaked vessels. It a niche KDF doesn't have and would fit Romulans.

martydarty 01-30-2013 11:08 AM

Have to agree with virusdancer

Theres not much there to say a faction, and with all the interviews saying that its unlikely any further playable factions coming in 2013 I would says its either another zone or story branch.

5 months to may they have created a faction I doubt that way to quick, there would be any content for it shame but I don't think so.

dalnar83 01-30-2013 11:08 AM

Well it would be a little odd to add another faction, when KDF does miss half the content.... on the other hand, I like romulans. More cloaked ships in pvp means more stealth detection for my nebula :D the klingons are using alien tech too much atm and BoPs are as scarse as a science ship with science captain.

snoge00f 01-30-2013 11:17 AM

Everyone /target that evil Romulan devoras. :P

devorasx 01-30-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalnar83 (Post 7750071)
Well it would be a little odd to add another faction, when KDF does miss half the content.... on the other hand, I like romulans. More cloaked ships in pvp means more stealth detection for my nebula :D the klingons are using alien tech too much atm and BoPs are as scarse as a science ship with science captain.

Pffft!

When has Cryptic ever made something fully and whole for certain content?
Oh where was I? Oh yes! Wheeeeee

Devoras

p2wsucks 01-30-2013 11:22 AM

Does this mean StarDagger comes back?

devorasx 01-30-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2wsucks (Post 7750381)
Does this mean StarDagger comes back?

he did say that didnt he when the romie faction came :P