Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Stats listed for the Ambassador Class, Tier 3 and Retrofit (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=532401)

thedoctorbluebox 01-30-2013 01:21 PM

Stats listed for the Ambassador Class, Tier 3 and Retrofit

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=809331

Support Cruiser ? Ambassador Class
Faction: Federation
Rank Required: Commander
Availability: Mission Reward
Hull Strength: 27,000
Shield Modifier: 1.0
Crew: 700
Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Ensign Science
Console Modifications: 1 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 1 Science
Base Turn Rate: 7 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
+5 to All Subsystem Power

Support Cruiser Retrofit ? Ambassador Class
Rank Required: Rear Admiral, Lower Half
Availability: Mission Reward (Limited Time)
Hull Strength: 39,500
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science
Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science

Yay for 4 forward and aft weapons, and Commander Engineering. However, I'm a little sad at the Tactical positions. I would have liked a LT. Commander Tactical position. I'm currently flying the Excelsior Retrofit, and it has one. I was wanting to make this ship replace that one on my ENG character, and I'm sad I'm going to lose a tier III ability, like Torp High Yield III or Spread III, a cruiser should have that ability IMO. Very sad actually about that. Hrmmmmmm

knuhteb5 01-30-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox (Post 7751841)
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=809331

Support Cruiser ? Ambassador Class
Rank Required: Commander
Availability: Mission Reward
Hull Strength: 27,000
Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Ensign Science
Console Modifications: 1 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 1 Science

Support Cruiser Retrofit ? Ambassador Class
Rank Required: Rear Admiral, Lower Half
Availability: Mission Reward (Limited Time)
Hull Strength: 39,500
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science
Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science

Yay for 4 forward and aft weapons, and Commander Engineering. However, I'm a little sad at the Tactical positions. I would have liked a LT. Commander Tactical position. I'm currently flying the Excelsior Retrofit, and it has one. I was wanting to make this ship replace that one on my ENG character, and I'm sad I'm going to lose a tier III ability, like Torp High Yield III or Spread III, a cruiser should have that ability IMO. Very sad actually about that. Hrmmmmmm

I think the stats are nice except for the turn-rate. That needs to be 8, minimum.

cptvanor 01-30-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knuhteb5 (Post 7752001)
I think the stats are nice except for the turn-rate. That needs to be 8, minimum.

A lot of the T5 ships have a turn rate of 7, some even as low as 6.

shadowwraith77 01-30-2013 01:32 PM

Yeah they got a bad habit of making cruisers no matter what their size all turn about the same!!!! DUMB

reginamala78 01-30-2013 01:33 PM

I think the layout is pretty good. If you want a tactical cruiser, use an Excelsior. This thing was made during a more-peaceful time. I'm actually surprised its not Sci LtCmdr and Ensign both, and 3 sci consoles. As for the turnrate, its halfway between the Excelsior and the Galaxy, so appropriate.

KDF should be quite happy too.

knuhteb5 01-30-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptvanor (Post 7752101)
A lot of the T5 ships have a turn rate of 7, some even as low as 6.

Yes, and a lot of tier 5 cruisers are behemoths compared to the ambassador.

admiralm0tt 01-30-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reginamala78 (Post 7752171)
I think the layout is pretty good. If you want a tactical cruiser, use an Excelsior. This thing was made during a more-peaceful time. I'm actually surprised its not Sci LtCmdr and Ensign both, and 3 sci consoles. As for the turnrate, its halfway between the Excelsior and the Galaxy, so appropriate.

KDF should be quite happy too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the FED at war with both the Roms and the Klings at this time???

tangolight 01-30-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox (Post 7751841)

I think that's kind of the point. There already is a cruiser available with a Lt. Commander Tactical slot, but there hasn't been one with a Lt. Commander Science slot before now, and people who wanted that option have been out of luck if they wanted to fly a cruiser. This ship is for those who want to play a more science-y cruiser, those scientists and, ahem, doctors among us.

jamesdax 01-30-2013 01:41 PM

Oh joy! Another old ship spec'd better then the Galaxy.

smdh

thedoctorbluebox 01-30-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangolight (Post 7752291)
I think that's kind of the point. There already is a cruiser available with a Lt. Commander Tactical slot, but there hasn't been one with a Lt. Commander Science slot before now, and people who wanted that option have been out of luck if they wanted to fly a cruiser. This ship is for those who want to play a more science-y cruiser, those scientists and, ahem, doctors among us.

I see, I guess that makes sense, just sad about that, losing a tac power. I was wanting something to replace my Excelsior Retrofit.

I wish the turn rate was a tad better also, personally, just one notch is fine.