Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Season 7 Dev Blog #34 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=532521)

pwebranflakes 01-30-2013 03:00 PM

Season 7 Dev Blog #34

Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the third Embassy Featured Project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

darkstarkirian 01-30-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

While there is much to do, stopping to relax and watch the fish stroll by from a comfy spot is good for both Klingon warriors and Federation officers once in a while.
Since when?
Are those targ skin chairs with Epohh hair stuffing?
Are those at least predatory fighting fish?

centersolace 01-30-2013 03:16 PM

..........................How exactly...... does a fish stroll? :confused::confused::confused:

psycoticvulcan 01-30-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstarkirian (Post 7754601)
Since when?
Are those targ skin chairs with Epohh hair stuffing?
Are those at least predatory fighting fish?

I would like to know this as well.

nynik 01-30-2013 03:31 PM

Those chairs are the most edible looking object I've seen added to the game since, well Tholians. Its like they've been crafted from milk chocolate.

crypticarmsman 01-30-2013 05:06 PM

The KDF should have gotten a "Bloodwine Bath" to go with their "Bloodwine Fountain" on the KDF Starbase.

A $%^$#@ second Fish tank for the $#@!^ Feds? You've got to be $#@!^ kidding me. Are ANY Fleets actually running these projects?

mikeward1701 01-30-2013 05:08 PM

◌ₒ
><> ?o ₒ◌
o? ><((("> o?
{}{ {}{

There we go, I just saved you 200,000 dilithium! : :)

thegrimcorsair 01-30-2013 05:10 PM

Isn't that look just a little too... contemporary? Maybe a bit antiquated, given the setting?

Then, there's the KDF version which is even more painfully out of place.

tsurutafan01 01-30-2013 05:14 PM

In fairness, the potential in a combination Klingon fish tank/dining room is like... really really high.

Doubt it will be that cool. That looks painfully generic. Not really Klingon looking, not really Orion looking (which would really be the diplomacy/manipulation end of the KDF). It's just chairs. Big deal. It should have more of an alien feel.

Quote:

A $%^$#@ second Fish tank for the $#@!^ Feds? You've got to be $#@!^ kidding me. Are ANY Fleets actually running these projects?
We've done a few starbase ones but our embassy is mostly ignored. It might actually be more useless than New Romulus itself, which is hard to do. There seems like a ton of wasted potential with both right now, hopefully season 8 does some further development. They need ground missions that give an actual comparable reward to the space ones to make them worth doing, and both the embassy and starbase need non-cosmetic reasons to actually visit them to make them somewhat used.

azurianstar 01-30-2013 05:21 PM

I knew there was a fishtank at the Embassy Stairway. Been annoying me for a month hearing bubbles everytime I went up those stairs! :P

Now if you lower that 200,000 Dilithum Price Tag for us small fleets. ;)