Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   currency types (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=533631)

ursusmorologus 01-31-2013 11:26 AM

currency types
 
I've been actively playing the game for a few days and am overwhelmed by all the different types of currency types.

As I understand it, Zen is the PWE equivalent to RL money. What is the exchange rate for USD to Zen? This is not on a FAQ or anything that I could find, you have to create a Zen store account before they tell you anything and I prefer not to

Also Dilithium can be exchanged for Zen in-game but I am a little confused by quantity rates. What is the rule-of-thumb exchange rate there? If I have 20k refined dilithium, can I buy anything worth having?

Energy credits seem to be the the Role Play currency, but I have not found a way to convert that into Zen or Dilithium that can be converted to Zen.

Lots of other kinds of currency (esp the various types of exp) but it seems that the 3 above are the big ones.

dabelgrave 01-31-2013 12:08 PM

1 USD = 100 Zen (Fixed Rate)

1 Zen = 91 Dilithium (Variable Rate last checked this morning)

Zen converts to EC by selling certain C-Store items in the exchange.
Example: Lockbox Keys

Dilithium converts to EC by selling certain Dilithium Store items on the exchange.
Example: Uncommon Unreplicable Materials

EC cannot convert to Dilithium or Zen, but it can be used to purchase some Dilithium/Zen items on the exchange.

This spreadsheet might be a bit more than you're looking for, but it can show how much one currency is worth in another: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FEyQkhmWUVDakE

anazonda 01-31-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabelgrave (Post 7786751)
1 USD = 100 Zen (Fixed Rate)

1 Zen = 91 Dilithium (Variable Rate last checked this morning)

Zen converts to EC by selling certain C-Store items in the exchange.
Example: Lockbox Keys

Dilithium converts to EC by selling certain Dilithium Store items on the exchange.
Example: Uncommon Unreplicable Materials

EC cannot convert to Dilithium or Zen, but it can be used to purchase some Dilithium/Zen items on the exchange.

This spreadsheet might be a bit more than you're looking for, but it can show how much one currency is worth in another: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FEyQkhmWUVDakE

Thats not entirely true. Buying Contraband, makes EC more or less convertable into Dil.

dabelgrave 01-31-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 7787081)
Thats not entirely true. Buying Contraband, makes EC more or less convertable into Dil.

Thanks. I had forgotten about that. I'll have to add that to future versions of my spreadsheet.

lordfuzun 01-31-2013 02:35 PM

Something to make the currency interactions more visible. A fellow player created a chart showing all of the currency relationships.

http://mmo-economics.com/index.php/2...raction-chart/

(Lifted from this thread.)

sumghai 01-31-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordfuzun (Post 7794041)
Something to make the currency interactions more visible. A fellow player created a chart showing all of the currency relationships.

[url]http://mmo-economics.com/index.php/2012/12/sto-currency-interaction-chart/[/url

That and http://www.stowiki.org/Currency are good ways to get started understanding the myriad of currencies in STO.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 PM.