Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Feedback about 3yr Party Popper and Balloons (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=534531)

daisyrenton 01-31-2013 03:31 PM

Feedback about 3yr Party Popper and Balloons

I mean... it's a cool idea, but I forsee it getting old really quickly.

trellabor 01-31-2013 03:50 PM

Yes. Please distribute needles so we may dispose of these balloons that have so auspiciously taken over the Station.

collegepark2151 01-31-2013 04:53 PM

Yes. I took mine down to the lower level of ESD and fired it off for a couple of minutes then put it in my bank inventory. I wish they would at least make the balloons transparent so you can see where you are going while people are going crazy with those things.

phantomeight 01-31-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisyrenton (Post 7801411)
I mean... it's a cool idea, but I forsee it getting old really quickly.

Seriously? When did you start playing this game? They release a new one every year... this will be my 3rd party popper... And during the past year... how many times where you annoyed by the year one and two party poppers? Like none.... go be a cry baby elsewhere....

I proudly blasted mine in the face of anyone I could find for days... then went back to having fun with my fleeties...

jexsamx 01-31-2013 05:18 PM

Balloon lifespan needs reduced by an order of ten.

It's a fantastic little toy and I love playing with them but you get more than three people in one room and it's going to look like everyone just bowled a perfect game. Making them pop faster is really all you need to do to fix it, so long as they linger long enough to kick them around a minute first.

nathanaelje 01-31-2013 05:38 PM

Just make them enemies we can target. That would be fun.

jjcooper08 01-31-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanaelje (Post 7804201)
Just make them enemies we can target. That would be fun.

This would be good, I was disappointed they weren't already.

asardetemplari 01-31-2013 07:26 PM

Balloons making your framerate go waaaaay down?

Then look no further than this solution!

Go to Options ---> Video

Scroll down to Max Physics Debris Objects

Slide the slider all the way to the left and BOOM!

No more balloons reducing your framerate to the equivalent of Tribble droppings. :cool:

---Commander Hriinta

daisyrenton 02-01-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomeight (Post 7803541)
Seriously? When did you start playing this game? They release a new one every year... this will be my 3rd party popper... And during the past year... how many times where you annoyed by the year one and two party poppers? Like none.... go be a cry baby elsewhere....

Yes, but the difference between this current party popper and the ones from previous years is that the balloons get in the way a whole lot more and stick around for too long.

captainmerzan 02-01-2013 06:13 AM

you are all party pooper, just enjoy the fun, do you realy spend that much time on esd or one of the other stations, nope and if you are get out and play the game have fun.