Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Missions you have to sequence options (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=534571)

shygurl16 01-31-2013 04:37 PM

Missions you have to sequence options

I love the game but i'm one of those ppl that do quest without reading the "Blah,Blah,Blah" NPC have to say, but this game i found out early u have to READ & REMEMBER all those sequences when i did the Quarantine mission...now i read through the Blah Blah Blah

sumghai 01-31-2013 05:50 PM

Trek is about the story and the characters, not just pew-pewing for better gear (although STO may be guilty of this at times)

If anything, those options are quite easy to remember / eliminate - if not, a good ream of paper and a pen would do wonders.

mandoknight89 02-06-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumghai (Post 7803301)
If anything, those options are quite easy to remember / eliminate - if not, a good ream of paper and a pen would do wonders.

I remember a time when for a good game people would keep notebooks at their computer desks because we didn't have wikis or GameFAQs or the like, but were too cheap to buy the $15 or so strategy guide or pay for the hint hotline...

exsteele 02-06-2013 03:14 PM

Actually, there's an option in your quest journal where you can see the last 50 bits of conversation you've just engaged in. I believe it's a tab called "logs". Just use that =)

smki 02-10-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Trek is about the story and the characters, not just pew-pewing for better gear (although STO may be guilty of this at times)

What game are you playing again?

dixa1 02-10-2013 08:50 PM

none of you had better play the secret world that's for sure.

starkaos 02-10-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixa1 (Post 7990751)
none of you had better play the secret world that's for sure.

unfair.co takes care of those missions.

lter 02-12-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

And the opposite to skip blah blah is not just pew-pew. When people talks about blah-blah, its the opposite preciely to a good story.

And what's a good story in a GAME? The one that its inherent to its gameplay and depends on your decitions, where you're more than a mere observer or "reader" like if it was and e-book. This game its rusheable only by pressing F all the time. Reading the "story" its just an option, not a part of the gameplay itself. That's why STO missions are considered in the gaming industry one of the worse gameplays ever created, especially the ground ones.

rovakiin 02-12-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lter (Post 8012191)
And what's a good story in a GAME? The one that its inherent to its gameplay and depends on your decitions, where you're more than a mere observer or "reader" like if it was and e-book.

This. A GOOD story in a game is one where it creates something that you legitimately desire as a player - whether it's a goal to solve a hard puzzle or defeat a cunning enemy... if it's relevant to the game's story, it allows you to form a connection to the hero (aka, your character). This kind of immersion is hard to find in games now, but if you stop to read the dialogue once in a while, you can open up a whole world of story that adds another dimension to an otherwise (mostly) silent game.