Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Ship Slot Limit!!! Are you serious!? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=534691)

velqua 01-31-2013 05:33 PM

Ship Slot Limit!!! Are you serious!?

I just tried to buy more ship slots from the Z-Store and received a message saying that I couldn't buy any more because I reached my limit. What's up with that!? There are tons of ships on STO, and you put a cap on how many ships you can own. SERIOUSLY!? I guess STO doesn't want me giving them any more money. Epic fail! >.> This REALLY needs to be addressed if you plan to put out more ships for us to buy.

cracobiggley 01-31-2013 05:36 PM

since you clearly have no problem spending money on this game...then you'll be happy to know you can buy MOAR ship slots

jkstocbr 01-31-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cracobiggley (Post 7802941)
since you clearly have no problem spending money on this game...then you'll be happy to know you can buy MOAR ship slots

If you read his post he said "I just tried to buy more ship slots from the Z-Store" :rolleyes:

blitzy4 01-31-2013 05:46 PM

OP, you are not the first to hit that wall.

rovakiin 01-31-2013 05:47 PM

I've never really gone above 4 or 5 ships total across all my chars (I have 4, 3 of which are KDF). What's the current max number of ship slots you can get? I wouldn't know what to do with so many ships in my garage lol :P

sparhawk 01-31-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velqua (Post 7802871)
I just tried to buy more ship slots from the Z-Store and received a message saying that I couldn't buy any more because I reached my limit. What's up with that!? There are tons of ships on STO, and you put a cap on how many ships you can own. SERIOUSLY!? I guess STO doesn't want me giving them any more money. Epic fail! >.> This REALLY needs to be addressed if you plan to put out more ships for us to buy.

I believe the current max is 30. If I remember correctly, Cryptic has said they are working on an solution for the current limit. I'd speculate any fixes for this wouldn't show up before season 8 at the earliest though.

rovakiin 01-31-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparhawk (Post 7803271)
I believe the current max is 30. If I remember correctly, Cryptic has said they are working on an solution for the current limit. I'd speculate any fixes for this wouldn't show up before season 8 at the earliest though.

30 ship slots :eek:

I'd be lost in my own hangar!

phantomeight 01-31-2013 05:55 PM

I too buy just about every item on the cstore with cash... but I don't keep that many ships around. Do you keep your tier one ships or something and if so why?

velqua 01-31-2013 06:23 PM

I like to keep my ships around because sometimes I do like to fly them. Luckily, I picked up enough Borg sets prior to the reputation that most of have them. With the idea of "role-playing" on STO, as an earlier blog suggested, it would seem like STO would have addressed limit issues.

I guess my thinking is "Why offer so many ships if we can only have a few?", especially when they keep putting out more ships in special missions, lock boxes, and the lobi store. I would think STO would want us to have them all since they would be making money of them.

sudoku7 01-31-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparhawk (Post 7803271)

I was thinking 20, so they may have increased it [perhaps with the Smallcraft addition? Hmm].

But as I recall the reasoning for the limit is it causes issues with the database.

[ edit ]
Something like it requires that they load all your ships information [not just the current ones] to the Zone you're loading into, so it becomes very cumbersome as the # of ships increases.