Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Present patrol mini-game starting to annoy me. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=536851)

solidneutronium 02-01-2013 11:41 PM

Present patrol mini-game starting to annoy me.

Come on 5 of these for 1 lousy party popper. Couldn't you just make it 10 times to completely glue our asses to a grindstone.

centersolace 02-01-2013 11:47 PM

Don't tempt the beasts.

mimey2 02-01-2013 11:48 PM

I don't really see the complaint honestly. It's just the 3rd anniversary. Enjoy yourself, have fun. If you don't wanna do the mini-game mission thing, nobody says you have to.

solidneutronium 02-02-2013 12:26 AM

If you define grinding as fun and enjoyable, then yes there's lots of "fun". Enjoy.

disposeableh3r0 02-02-2013 12:30 AM

The only problem I have with it is the cadets.

Aparently its common practice at the academy for cadets who see superior officers focusing on somthing to the walk through it or stand in it as often as possible.

I bet this isn't a problen on Quo'nos, I could just shoot the offending cadet there.

mimey2 02-02-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidneutronium (Post 7838571)
If you define grinding as fun and enjoyable, then yes there's lots of "fun". Enjoy.

I never said that 'grinding was fun and enjoyable'.

Here's my question: What are you grinding for by doing the Present Patrol mini-game?

Party Poppers? Dil? Random items?

That's your only choices as the reward, so I don't really see how this could be any kind of grinding, unless you are trying to do this on a dozen or more toons a day, in which case, I still must ask; why?

Again, nothing says you have to do this. It's just a short little activity you can do each day for a couple weeks, you can do it as much or as little as you like. Again, if you don't like doing it, simply don't do it.

solidneutronium 02-02-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimey2 (Post 7838701)
I never said that 'grinding was fun and enjoyable'.

Here's my question: What are you grinding for by doing the Present Patrol mini-game?

Party Poppers? Dil? Random items?

That's your only choices as the reward, so I don't really see how this could be any kind of grinding, unless you are trying to do this on a dozen or more toons a day, in which case, I still must ask; why?

Again, nothing says you have to do this. It's just a short little activity you can do each day for a couple weeks, you can do it as much or as little as you like. Again, if you don't like doing it, simply don't do it.

I did say party popper on my OP. I was trying to get one on a few of my toons. But winning 5 shell games each will put a stop to that. I can understand the dilithium needing 5 wins cause that's like winning the lottery:rolleyes:. But the party popper, come on they were giving those out before. Enjoy your grind.