Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   JJ gone ? Good Trek coming? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=536991)

jumpingjs 02-02-2013 12:38 AM

JJ gone ? Good Trek coming?
 
With JJ directing Star Wars, all I can say is that the way he made Star Trek bad, he is going to make star wars bad (It is already not a good show, but I do want it being ruined like Trek was). Although, it may be the right style for it. With JJ gone, we may finally have some proper Trek. And a new series would be cooler, because there would be more to watch.
Star Trek has 727 episodes (inc. films)
Star Wars has ... 6? Pitiful

I am going to send Paramount Studios a HAND WRITTEN letter, begging them for some proper Trek, and I am sure you guys would not mind me doing that.
But this is not going to work if one kid sends one letter
I need you guys to pressurise them too
Thanks for reading

khayuung 02-02-2013 12:47 AM

Considering that CBS is staunchly blocking any attempt to bring the Ent-J into our game, and that the tradition is that the next Star Trek cameos in the last few seasons of the previous one...

...someone is making a new Star Trek, and it is about the J. And NOT the JJ. :D

crashdragon 02-02-2013 12:56 AM

JJ can't make Star Wars any worse.

I saw.....the 2nd one methinks, 20 mins then I turned of the VCR ( bare with me young ones, we didn't have DVD players back then, just VHS and BETA ) and caught a episode of Scooby Doo. That rotten caretaker...........I knew it was him!

Anyways, it was for a bet, I lost cause I didn't last the full 30 mins. :P

Oh, I did watch 2 episodes of Ewoks...............then tried to kill the TV during the 2nd one.

hravik 02-02-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khayuung (Post 7840401)
Considering that CBS is staunchly blocking any attempt to bring the Ent-J into our game, and that the tradition is that the next Star Trek cameos in the last few seasons of the previous one...

...someone is making a new Star Trek, and it is about the J. And NOT the JJ. :D

I'm not sure I follow your logic here...the reason the J isn't and will not be in game isn't CBS. dStahl already told us the reason, and the reason is because the ship is friggin massive. Seriously, that ship is bigger than earth space dock.

rachel1018 02-02-2013 01:14 AM

Your math is actually off on Star Wars, pretty severely. You didn't count the Clone Wars stuff and that horrible holiday special. 141 total Star Wars Episodes still pales in comparison to Star Trek, just want your count accurate on both sides is all.

maxvitor 02-02-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hravik (Post 7841001)
I'm not sure I follow your logic here...the reason the J isn't and will not be in game isn't CBS. dStahl already told us the reason, and the reason is because the ship is friggin massive. Seriously, that ship is bigger than earth space dock.

Stahl confirmed on Tribble today that CBS has nixed the J, we're already on a different path anyway as our Enterprise - F looks nothing like the one the studio proposed, it's just as well, the J is too big and too fragile looking, I wouldn't want one, it's turn rate and maneuvering would make the Odyssey's look like that of a Ferrari, that and the fact it looks like a giant crystal pancake griddle.

hravik 02-02-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxvitor (Post 7841431)
Stahl confirmed on Tribble today that CBS has nixed the J

Well then, he changed his story. Up until now he's been telling us that it was just too big for the game, even in his last interview just a few days ago.

mingtran2 02-02-2013 01:58 AM

Seeing how most fans hate JJ Star Trek because it's too much like Star Wars, going to guess he won't mess up Star Wars as badly, after seeing the Prequals can safly assume it can't get any worse. Tho, if he wants to piss off Star Wars Fans too, he could make his Star Wars more like Star Trek.

scififan78 02-02-2013 02:07 AM

I thought that I saw a statement from Paramount that JJ was still under contract for at least one more movie that has not changed. So don't get you hopes up too much.

PS: I personally liked the new Star Trek.

captainrevo1 02-02-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hravik (Post 7841631)
Well then, he changed his story. Up until now he's been telling us that it was just too big for the game, even in his last interview just a few days ago.

I think its a combination of Both. even if CBS said yes, the logistics of making it to its corrst size stops the idea anyway.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 AM.