What are your hopes for 2013?
In coming weeks, dStahl will be filling us in on the "future" of STO, based on his recent State of the Game blog.
What are your hopes for the future of STO?
Mine are as follows:
1. More C-Store, Less Lockbox - It's a lofty goal, and one we aren't likely to see, but it would nice too see more additions to the C-Store itself, and less reliance on the Lockbox gambling for funding of STO. I can understand it's lure from Cryptic's standpoint, with buckets of cash coming in from the sale of Keys to those who would gamble, and from those who sell them to the gamblers. But I'll say this, I find myself far less likely to invest in the game, to spend my money, when I can't simply purchase something, and instead am forced to spend in the mere chance to get it. I hope that Cryptic will rededicate itself to providing things that people want such as Uniforms, Interiors, etc. and less effort spent on putting things like enemy vessels in Lockboxes to cash in on the few people that want the most powerful ship.
2. Quality Passes on Existing Assets - Cryptic has spent 3 years putting items into the C-Store, and have allowed people to spend money on them. In those 3 years, many items have been identified as having graphical or functional issues. I hope that Cryptic will reinvest some of the profits it has accumulated from the sale of these items, to ensure they are of the highest quality and function possible. Uniforms with clipping issues, misplaced rank insignias, etc. Bridges with officers seated in the deck, or floating above and on the edge of chairs. Ship models with glaring graphical issues. Ships whose technical specs have been superceded by vessels which make no sense to have superceded them. (Galaxy, Galaxy-X, etc.) Cryptic could build a tremendous amount of goodwill with it's playerbase by addressing a vast majority of these items which are long overdue.
3. Additional Leveling Arcs - One of the main "endgame" activites of STO, is the leveling of alts. I would like to see some additional content added to the game in the Klingon, Romulan, and Cardassian Fronts, which would offer some new experiences, or even completely new leveling paths for those bringing up alts. Without them, the journey to Level 50 becomes quite stale and repetitive. Having some new avenues to explore would likely entice people to spend more time with STO.
These are just a few areas I hope to see Cryptic improve in. Of course, others will have their own ideas, and I welcome them here in the hopes that Cryptic might find some ideas which they wish to tackle, further improving this game into the future.
1. Would love that to happen but the money's not there, I've read somewhere on the forums that over 70% of income now comes from lock box keys.
2. Please Ohh please my Gal-x sits in mothballs at the moment.
3. I have recently gone back to early mission to restart an arc, as I expect like most shot through the early episodes. Some are great but more end game content would be great.
1. How about a ship refit token, say 500 zen useable once bound to character that gives a vessel + 10% hull and shields and ups a single bridge level by one, user decides which.
Once useable twice per ship.
2. Purchase able ship part/ extra skins,... We all want our ships look different.
3. Respeices token.
4. Fleet merge, fleets can join under one name, one of the fleets gets half the resources back put in that then goes to the new merged fleet. Thoughts?
Oh and the lotto numbers
I've tried to keep this realistic as STO is a business that has to make money to survive.
Cryptic should keep up with the lockboxes, where it makes sense. But at the same time, should recommit to some of the other areas of the C-Store as well, in order to offer the widest range of product to it's players, thereby increasing its revenue streams and preventing consumer burnout.
Additionally, there are times where I would have liked to use the Galaxy-X (or it's Venture counterpart) on a character, but knowing how weak and ineffective it is compared to other ships of the same tier, has kept me from spending the money on it. If given a revamp, I would consider reviewing my position on spending on the ship.
Fix our broken accolades is a biggie for me!
More customization to ships like they offer ship bridges, a no brainer way for some extra money generation for them.
Add a increase in dilithium refinement cap for let's say 1k-2.5kzen per 1kdilithium increase, obtainable only 2 times per account would be awesome for starters.
Purchaseable common small craft for cruisers and sci ships with same useage restrictions as the romulan fighters from the episodes.
More end game content or 20player stf mission(s) would be awesome.
These are just a few :)
1) Ships from other ST Games. (Dan said they were tricky as they need approval. Not that they were impossible to add or get)
2) More Featured Episodes
3) Ship Upgrade system (There's Way to many Ship variants in game.)
4) More TMP and TOS era ships
5) More VO work from ST Cast members
6) A refinement Cap increase
7) Breen and tholion Sectors
8) Sona (Enough said)
9) More Locations from the ST Series
10) More races from the ST Series. (Organians, Byrans, Xindi, Angosions, Sherlik, Tarkains)
11) Design your own ship
More consumbles in the replicator like large shield regen etc.
I dont mind lock boxes so they can stay at their current level, but i do want more stuff in the c-store. we get the odd ship now and then but its now largly abandoned with most of the item go into the lock box/lobi store. so either add more stuff to the store, or tone down the lock box slightly and get a better balance.
pvp update - im starting to lose hope of ever seeing this. but its something i want this year.
major improvements to the foundry interface- better search features, ways to link missions into chains, better ways to advertise mission to your subscribers.
romulan faction - dont care how big or small, i just want to fly romulan ships.
Feature Episodes - loved temporal ambassador and i want at least 2 FE series or just a bunch of individual episodes. they dont have to be linked into arcs.
At least one existing social zone brought up to new romulus standards.
Some unique klingon missions to try to fill out 1-20, or even a klingon only adventure zone like nakura or new romulus.
Update the timeline to 2410 in the very least and redo the Federation tutorial. I don't want to play a Starfleet officer if my character's introduction is a moment stuck in time =\
And please no more repetitive crap ... there is already enough of it now ...
So basically complete focus on Story Content ... we already have enough Ships, Races, Events ...
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 PM.|