Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Increase limit on buying things please (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=544391)

draugadan 02-08-2013 07:02 AM

Increase limit on buying things please

I'm not going to argue that the amounts of things in the Fleet Starbase or Embassy system are too high. That is a discussion for another thread.

My point here is that they are way above what you can currently purchase.

For instance right now (what finally pushed me to post) Upgrade Communications Array III is an active project for my Fleets Starbase. One of the requirements is 17,000 Entertainment Commodities.

I can only buy Commodities 100 at a time. I'd like to just flat out buy all 17,000. I can't for the life of me see why I am limited to just 100.

DEVs if you are going to have these silly requirements of thousands of things then let me buy thousands of things.

The same goes with Consumables and the REP system. If I have to provide 500 of something don't limit me to buying them in chunks of 20.

This is not fun, it is horrendously boring. Please fix.

elandarksky 02-08-2013 07:22 AM

While its nice you are doing 17000 entertainment provisions(?), remeber that fleets are for big groups of people, the general idea is many people contribute, having the buy (1-100) slider follows that premise, but i agree, would be nice for it to be changed... at the very least to 250 (max commodities that can be in a single inventory space)

As for why you cant just buy 17000 in one fell swoop some reasons might include

- 17000/250 = 68, you owuld need 68 free invcentory slots at a given time (i havent checked the max you can have, but i guess having 68free slots is a bit of an ask :P

- Prevent accidental buys; accidentally buying 100 of an item hurts your EC's a lot less than 17000 of an item.. :p

edit:

As for the rep system you never get asked for more than 50 of a commoditiy per mission(?) well hypo/shield/regen

Buying in 20s does suck, but i think there is also an ulterior motive of having our healing items take up more space than they should.. but im just a paranoid petal :D

whamhammer1 02-08-2013 07:24 AM

I'd go for an upping to 500 per slot for data samples and commodities, it would help increasing the amount purchased but not enough to stop fleet mates from contributing for big ticket items

draugadan 02-08-2013 12:57 PM

If there isn't room in an inventory it wont buy. That is already in place. And, people should be careful and not buy too much.

Either way it is still way too low. If I am required to buy 17,000 Communication arrays then I should be able to do that. And not in 100 unit increments.

czertik123 02-09-2013 11:06 AM

totaly agree, incresing limit form 250 up to 500 will be very weclomed and combined with option to buy 500 (full one slot) or mayby 10 000 (more will sure will not be needed, for 17k it is just 2 times).
secondary - pls do someting with system with buying of "food" buying syntale or others is realy pain if you need mre of them (say 20 or even more), replication look tyle will much more welcomed.