Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Assimilated Borg Tech space set MK XII.. (closed, necro) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=545861)

drazzii 02-09-2013 01:17 PM

Assimilated Borg Tech space set MK XII.. (closed, necro)

(I hope this is the right forum to post this)

Is the Assimilated Borg Technology space set mkXII worth getting? Looks pretty expensive on the Dilithium side of things, and comparing the notes between the mkXI (which I own) and the mkXII don't seem to be much different, unless the notes themselves are bunk.

Anyone out there collected this set and know if it's worth the work to acquire? I already have the Omega and MACO mkXII space sets from before the rep change.

cmdrskyfaller 02-09-2013 01:40 PM

The set is junk simply because the shield is so horribly weak.

Mk11 to Mk12 there is no noticeable improvement...either in set bonus or performance.

daedalus304 02-09-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller (Post 7975421)
The set is junk simply because the shield is so horribly weak.

Mk11 to Mk12 there is no noticeable improvement...either in set bonus or performance.

the shield is weak because it sacrifices face strength for regeneration, great for tanking with full power to shields. it goes back faster than the rest and has decent set bonus.

bugspatteredjack 02-09-2013 01:59 PM

The three piece set has always worked well for me personally. I have wondered the same thing as the OP though! Perhaps try the two borg set + Maco shield set up before giving the newer three piece set a try?!

As it stands the three piece set raises hull integrity considerably more so than any other set I have used!

starkaos 02-09-2013 02:03 PM

The Mk XI version is good enough for me. If you are a min-maxer, then it might be worth it.

admgreer 02-09-2013 03:09 PM

I have the XII set and it works very well in PVE, the regeneration is so high that with the reputation shield passives and a good XII pruple Field Gen it heals itself quite a bit, A the speed of the Eng in sector space for me is transwarp 18.9 so it makes getting places almost like having slipstream running at all times. I use the Adaptive MACO XII and the XII Borg Eng and Deflector with the Borg console for PVP and it does real good, However the Borg shields cap is a little weak vs spike damage so unless you are on a team that can keep a TSS on you I would use a different shield. But PVE with the Tractor Beam and Cutting beam and full borg set on an escourt works very well. Im a Tac and I use it in my Mobius and MVAE in starbase 24 and get 1st place with no deaths playing on Elite all the time. It also does very well in STF's. You can dive in kill one or 2 spheres, peal off and in 5-7 seconds your shields are back upto full for another pass. So borg set vs, spike and sustained attack, Poor, hit and run, Good, with good Doffs and Consoles the set can work very well.

canadianmetalfan 02-09-2013 03:16 PM

which omega rep tier are these? I have been told by my fleet mates that I should skip the set in tier 1 and go for tier 3... however I should ask though, what would a science character and ship get out of these if they are meant for tanking... if I should look at something else more in line with my character type, is there anything specific?

I am currently running the breen set (deflector engines and shields) and have the assimilated console from before the change but it is listed under tier 1. I just bought 2 of the romulan plasma tier 2 beams...

starkaos 02-09-2013 03:32 PM

This is Tier 5 Omega. I don't think they are listed in the tier descriptions.

canadianmetalfan 02-09-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 7976311)
This is Tier 5 Omega. I don't think they are listed in the tier descriptions.

Okay, thanks. I have a long way to go then.

admgreer 02-09-2013 03:43 PM

The Borg XII set is not (in my opinion) for tanking, It has a low cap and high regen. So it cant take a lot of direct sustained pounding but it heals fast and adds power to you hull. When I use it and am getting hit by several PVE at once i will see the passives kick in and as im taking damage i will see my ship glow green and hull and shield start to heal for a few sec. If i bug out and get clear the shield and hull completly regen in about 5-6 sec, So for a Sci capt in a vesta or wells or Fleet Nova I would think it would work well if he was skilled correctly. THe set abilities allow this set to completly heal itself without having to use your EPTS systems or Team heals