Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Question on tac console loadout for Fleet Defiant (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=546091)

bohiap 02-09-2013 07:27 PM

Question on tac console loadout for Fleet Defiant
 
I just got the fleet defiant. I was running four AP mag regulators with 3 DHCs, 3 turrets and 1 photon torpedo launcher.

Now I've got the Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set, Romulan Singularity Harness. 2 plasma turrets, and a plasma DHC. Should I stick with all energy consoles and go with 5 Plasma Infusers or should I add in 1 or 2 Ambiplasma Envelope consoles to go with the 2 plasma torpedo launchers?

hereticknight085 02-09-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohiap (Post 7978461)
I just got the fleet defiant. I was running four AP mag regulators with 3 DHCs, 3 turrets and 1 photon torpedo launcher.

Now I've got the Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set, Romulan Singularity Harness. 2 plasma turrets, and a plasma DHC. Should I stick with all energy consoles and go with 5 Plasma Infusers or should I add in 1 or 2 Ambiplasma Envelope consoles to go with the 2 plasma torpedo launchers?

Your main source of damage will still be your PDHCs. So run with Plasma Infusers.

bareel 02-09-2013 10:49 PM

Plasma Infusers also increase the damage over time portion of plasma torpedos last I checked.

Just please, please run 3 DHC front you will get better performance.

bohiap 02-09-2013 11:09 PM

So you think 2 more DHCs would be more DPS than the Romulan Singularity Harness? Run 3 DHCs, with the Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set and 2 plasma turrets?

baudl 02-10-2013 12:28 AM

3 dhc, 2 turrets and the KCB or 3 turrets...5 plasma consoles. having all set pieces does not increase your dmg output.

bareel 02-10-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohiap (Post 7979901)
So you think 2 more DHCs would be more DPS than the Romulan Singularity Harness? Run 3 DHCs, with the Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set and 2 plasma turrets?

New shiney does not mean good shiney.

3 DHC + Torp of your choice up front (I go quantum personally)
3 turrets rear, cutting beam will lower damage output of cannons due to firing cycles and weapon energy mechanics.

Those sets are designed for broadsiding cruisers, not escorts. Other than the console that is.

shandypandy 02-10-2013 10:18 AM

I disagree, on my fleet tac retro with 5 purple antiproton mags, the kcb does about the same DPS as a fleet turret with rapid fire 3. And the 2 piece bonus is worth the very very small difference.

bareel 02-10-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shandypandy (Post 7985181)
I disagree, on my fleet tac retro with 5 purple antiproton mags, the kcb does about the same DPS as a fleet turret with rapid fire 3. And the 2 piece bonus is worth the very very small difference.

And what DPS did your DHCs loose because of it?

It is not that the cutting beam is bad so to speak, it is that you do not want your DHCs firing at a lower power level then maximum.

shandypandy 02-11-2013 02:25 PM

None. The kcb draws the same power as a turret, and when the bonus procs all 4 dhcs fire at 125. Regular crits of 10k plus off all 4 straight after another.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 PM.