Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Blue Screen when trying to access Tribble (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=546881)

blassreiterus 02-10-2013 04:50 PM

Blue Screen when trying to access Tribble

I can't get onto Tribble because there is a blue screen that is blocking my way, I don't have the character selection screen pop up, and I don't know why. I use Intel HD Graphics, and that's not the problem, since I can still access Holodeck. Please guide me on a way to fix this because I would love to access Tribble and do some stuff with my characters on Tribble.

joshl7889 02-10-2013 08:58 PM

I had the same thing yesterday after i patched it. i havnt tried to get on it today

timelords1701 02-10-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blassreiterus (Post 7989191)
I can't get onto Tribble because there is a blue screen that is blocking my way, I don't have the character selection screen pop up, and I don't know why. I use Intel HD Graphics, and that's not the problem, since I can still access Holodeck. Please guide me on a way to fix this because I would love to access Tribble and do some stuff with my characters on Tribble.

I have exactly the same problem, once i hit engage for tribble to load, the cryptic sign comes up ends its sequence and as soon as it trys to switch to the starfleet loading screen i get a blue screen that just hangs there for ages. tried setting the loading options to safe mode but still wont go, have attempted at least 15 logins to tribble since i patched yesterday morning but am still unable to get in there..

blassreiterus 02-10-2013 11:24 PM

I hope Cryptic addresses this, since it would help a lot of people who may have the same issue to actually access the server. I wonder if Holodeck would be affected since this happened after the most recent patch for Tribble. I sure hope not.

daiouvegeta2 02-11-2013 02:00 PM

It's possible that whatever "fixes" that were put in for the Nvidia cards (Disabling AA through the CP, for some awful reason as an example) may have had an unintended effect on the integrated Intel HD graphics cards.

Might be something worth looking into...

blassreiterus 02-11-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 (Post 7999541)
It's possible that whatever "fixes" that were put in for the Nvidia cards (Disabling AA through the CP, for some awful reason as an example) may have had an unintended effect on the integrated Intel HD graphics cards.

Might be something worth looking into...

That might be the case, hopefully Branflakes or some other dev would shed light on this.

hithereyou 02-11-2013 02:57 PM

When you say blue screen, do you mean the OS crashed? Or just that the client is showing a blue screen, and you have to manually close it?

Dave

timelords1701 02-11-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hithereyou (Post 8000461)
When you say blue screen, do you mean the OS crashed? Or just that the client is showing a blue screen, and you have to manually close it?

Dave

just the client itself, the only way to close it is to bring up task manager and manually force it to close, funnily enough though the holodeck server seems unaffected and i can log in just fine..

hithereyou 02-11-2013 03:09 PM

I suspect we have a fix for this problem, and I've asked a graphics team member to add the fix to our STO release. I'm not sure how long it will take to get released. I'll see if Branflakes can post some workaround suggestions here, if it's the same problem as we were seeing on our development tip code.

blassreiterus 02-11-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hithereyou (Post 8000701)
I suspect we have a fix for this problem, and I've asked a graphics team member to add the fix to our STO release. I'm not sure how long it will take to get released. I'll see if Branflakes can post some workaround suggestions here, if it's the same problem as we were seeing on our development tip code.

Thanks for that, I really appreciate the work you guys do on this game, it's one of my favorite MMOs to play.